Another major injury that took place past year was that of fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
Shaw could also be in contention for the senior team's Test tour of New Zealand, which begins eleven days after India "A" finish their tour.More news: 24-race season on the cards if Saudi Arabia joins F1 calender
However, the board did not provide a schedule for his recovery.
He was not named in the T20 squad for the upcoming tour of New Zealand due to the injury.
Bhuvneshwar, who last played for India against West Indies T20I series at home in December a year ago, is looking at a lengthy rehabilitation process that will put him out of action for at least six months and possibly out for ICC T20 Cricket World Cup 2020.More news: BCCI drops MS Dhoni from central contracts list
Recently, the NCA was in the spotlight when it was reported that top pacer Jasprit Bumrah's request for a fitness test was turned down on the grounds that he had undergone rehabilitation under private trainers instead of the BCCI facility in Bengaluru.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Thursday issued a statement on Bhuvneshwar's medical condition. The NCA is now headed by former India captain Rahul Dravid.
The BCCI further revealed that young opening batsman Prithvi Shaw has recovered from his shoulder injury and has left for New Zealand to join the India A team. It was made available for all formats of the game.More news: India, U.S. Closer To Resolving Some Trade Issues: Piyush Goyal
India are now involved in a three-ODI series with Australia. Shaw's participation on the India A tour of New Zealand was put under doubt. To his fans' and his own delight, Prithvi Shaw has now been declared fit to participate in India A's series against New Zealand A. Shaw declared the same and is now on his way to New Zealand. The series begins on January 24.
- Work starts on Samsung Galaxy A51 5G, understand full news
- Springboks receive Laureus nomination for Team of the Year
- Colin Trevorrow’s original script for Episode IX is very different
- UEFA Fans' Team of the Year 2019 Revealed
- Ninja Is Finally Getting His Own Fortnite Skin
- Valve Index is out of stock everywhere
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls on PM Modi amid tensions in Middle East
- Clemson receiver Tee Higgins to enter National Football League draft
- Detroit native Antonio Gates announces retirement following 16-year career
- 'BoJack Horseman's Final Trailer Is Here So Sob Away