In what may have been his final postgame press conference as a player following the NFC West's Seahawks' 28-23 loss to the NFC North's Green Bay Packers in the National Football League divisional round, Lynch delivered a gem on Sunday night. "There's plays all over the place I'm sure everyone wants back". Green Bay led by as much as 18 points before Seattle got to within five points. There they were, waiting for quarterback Russell Wilson to conjure one last miracle and put them on the brink of another Super Bowl appearance.
It was a scenario tailor-made for another chapter in Wilson's handbook of late-game heroics: Seahawks trailing by five, ball at their own 23-yard-line, all three timeouts remaining, four minutes and 54 seconds left to play.More news: Scientists say oldest solid material found
"That's a group you don't want to be one-dimensional against, " Brown said of the Packers. We had all the clock, we had the time, we had all the opportunities to stop them to get the ball back. After the game, Smith described what it was like trying to get to Wilson. "It looked short and had they called him short then it would have been short (meaning it would not have been overturned)".
Regardless, the Packers held on to advance to the NFC Championship game. With 9:49 left in the 2nd quarter, score of 14-3. That was one of them because that wasn't exactly the check we were looking for.More news: Little Women Cast Responds To Greta Gerwig’s ‘Disappointing’ Oscar Snub For Directing
In the end, the defense did just enough to keep the Packers ahead while Aaron Rodgers closed out the game.
It remains to be seen whether Lynch will return to the Seahawks next season.More news: Nikkietutorials Transgender Youtube Video Is Extremely Powerful
To Carroll, it brought back memories of 2012, Wilson's rookie season, when the Seahawks fell behind Atlanta 20-0 on the road in the divisional round only to come back before losing 30-28. "We kind of played into their game". "We were an inch away. One way or the other, that's how close it is sometimes and we have to make those inches become yards on our sides". These past few weeks were great, just having him scoring each and every game.
- Gigi Hadid Called as Potential Juror for Harvey Weinstein Trial
- Leafs lose Rielly to broken foot, Sandin recalled from Marlies
- Hardik Pandya trains with Indian team, bowls at nets
- Resurgent Watford belt Bournemouth to climb out of the drop zone
- Reina seals Premier League return with Villa
- Oscars 2020: Nominations announcement under way
- AJ Hinch 'deeply sorry' for Astros cheating, denies direct involvement
- Virginia men’s hoops falls to Syracuse in overtime, 63-55
- German Authorities Evacuate 14,000 People After Finding Two 330lb WWII Bombs
- Barcelona Sack Ernesto Valverde & Appoint Quique Setien as New Manager