PC Gamer famed that expiring song licensing agreements would possibly per chance perchance had been to blame (they triggered a identical diagram back for Vice Metropolis help in 2012), whereas others guessed that Rockstar would possibly per chance perchance had been making ready to promote the recreation completely through its possess launcher.
Rockstar has now confirmed that the reason for GTA IV's absence from Steam is due to its reliance on the Games for Windows Live (GFWL) platform, which they say Microsoft is no longer supporting. Now it's been delisted from Steam as well, though it doesn't actually seem to be related to any grand plans Rockstar have for their own launcher. Interestingly, the Episodes From Liberty City DLC can still be bought for £15/€15/$20. Since Microsoft is no longer compatible with Games For Windows Live, it is no longer possible to generate the additional keys needed to continue selling the current version of the game.More news: What's missing from this year's Oscar nominations
Rockstar furthered explained that it was working on finding other ways to distribute the game for PC.
Firstly, the reason behind GTA 4 removal could be that Valve might not have enough keys left for players. At the time, Alice0 even lamented that perhaps it would be a good time to ditch the GFWL integration.More news: Barcelona Sack Ernesto Valverde & Appoint Quique Setien as New Manager
In a unusual turn of events, GTA IV is no longer available on Steam.More news: Australia fires: Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne to play in bushfire fundraiser
"Unheard of Theft Auto IV became once in the starting up created for the Video games For Home windows Are living platform", a spokesperson from Rockstar instructed The Verge.
- Pete Carroll furious after first down spot gives Packers the win
- 'Little Women' Cast Reacts To Greta Gerwig's Best Director Snub
- Pearl Jam Are Coming to the Valley This Spring
- Sanders Denies Telling Warren Women Can't Win
- Virginia men’s hoops falls to Syracuse in overtime, 63-55
- ASB Classic Tournament: Serena wins her first title after three years
- Scientists say oldest solid material found
- Stephen Colbert Goes Off On Trump Administration For Shifting Stories On Iran
- Gwyneth Paltrow selling $75 candle that 'smells like my vagina'
- Oscar nominations 2020: Facts and figures