A New Jersey family reportedly got a smelly surprise earlier this week following their order of diapers for their toddler from Amazon.
Sales says she purchases diapers for her two daughters each month from the Amazon Warehouse section, which sells returned items at a discounted rate. In her Facebook post, Sales said that she had notified the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about the disgusting delivery.
Ms Sales recalls the nappies being a "little bit heavy" when she picked them up, but she also admits the lights were off and she was "half asleep". "I turn on the lights to my greatest shock".
Finding the nappies in this state prompted Ms Sales to completely disinfect her 19-month-old daughter's nursery and wiping her down with rubbing alcohol.More news: Dosunmu, Cockburn lift Illinois over Rutgers 54-51
Nassly Sales and Sid Mukherjee ordered two boxes of diapers from the online retailer one marked "new" and the second described as "used: like new", according to The Jersey Journal Friday The description noted that the packaging was damaged, but original.
Speaking to an Amazon customer service representative later that evening didn't exactly put the family at ease.
"They were like, "Okay sorry for your inconvenience, we will give you a refund", Mr Mukherje said, adding Amazon said they could "keep the stuff" and they "don't need to return it".
The response they received, they said, left them disappointed at best.More news: Harry and Meghan to begin ‘new life’ after ‘transition period’, says Queen
"And my thought was "Wow, you are not understanding what I'm saying".
Sales didn't immediately respond to request for comment.
In a statement, an Amazon spokesperson said, "We are investigating the situation and in contact with the customer to make it right". Amazon inspects and certifies all open-box products before reselling them, according to Amazon's website. "We are working directly with the customer to address this situation".More news: Shameless Renewed for 11th and Final Season at Showtime
- Neymar’s brace not enough as Monaco hold PSG in Ligue 1
- Purdue hands No. 8 Michigan St. historic loss
- Father and two young children swept away by wave on shore
- Bloomberg to provide campaign staff to whoever is the Democratic nominee
- Daniel Evans after ATP Cup thriller: I play for moments like this
- Hinch, Luhnow suspended in wake of Astros investigation
- U.S. imposes more sanctions on Iran for missile attacks
- The Best Reactions to Monday’s Oscar Nominations
- Watch your tongue: Scientists make unusual fat-loss link to sleep apnea
- 'Joker' tops Oscar nominations with 11; 3 other films get 10