It said that while it still needs to determine why she got sick, the agency was sure it was not because of the illness that spread through parts of China. Some transmit easily from person to person, while others don't.
Osterholm is director of the University of Minnesota's Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, which publishes CIDRAP News. "The remaining patients were in stable condition", Wuhan health authorities said in a report.
The seafood market has been shut since last Jan 1.More news: Watch out TikTok, Instagram is coming for you with these new features
Among the Chinese cases, seven were in serious condition and six were discharged.
The deceased patient, a 61-year-old man, died on Thursday night of severe pneumonia, South China Morning Post reported. None of the 739 people that had close contact with patients, including medical personnel, was infected.
Should an airport scanner detect a body temperature of 36.5 degrees Celsius or higher, the passenger will be led to the quarantine bureau for further evaluation, said a CNN report.
There is no evidence that the new virus is readily spread by humans, which would make it particularly risky as no medical workers have contracted the disease.More news: "Don't kill your protesters", Trump tweets to Iran
Sharing the genetic sequence of the novel coronavirus is of great importance for other countries' development of specific diagnostic kits, the World Health Organization said, adding that the quality of ongoing investigations and the response measures implemented in Wuhan are reassuring. The sequence was released by a group of experts from Chinese and Australian institutions.
Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul (2nd right) shows visitors from Wuhan receiving health screening at Suvarnabhumi airport in Samut Prakan province on Jan 5.
Andrew Rambaut, PhD, administrator of Virological.org and professor of molecular evolution at the University of Edinburgh, said on Twitter that nCoV is 89% similar to SARS-related bat coronavirus in the Sarbecovirus group of betacoronaviruses.More news: Thornton scores as Sharks top Blue Jackets 3-1
"I said I should be fine, so I came", he told AFP after checking out of his hotel on Sunday, wearing a face mask as a precaution nonetheless.
- More Footage Of Azriel Clary And Joycelyn Savage Trading Blows Surfaces
- Canada 'temporarily' moving troops out of Iraq
- Australian bushfires: Sydney Opera House pays tribute to firefighters
- Rep. Amash: Trump's Claim on Embassies Attack Plans Seems 'Totally Made Up'
- USA and China to reboot biannual talks to resolve economic disputes
- Lakers Promote Rob Pelinka to VP of Basketball Operations
- Laura Whitmore reveals Love Island has been overshadowed by Caroline Flack's arrest
- Toyota GR Yaris is a 272 HP rally auto for the road
- Donald Trump warns Iranian leaders in Farsi tweet
- Saudi students at Pensacola naval base to be expelled after shooting