The FDA website said three lots of Nizatidine capsules are being voluntarily recalled due to detected trace amounts of an impurity N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) contained in the API Nizatidine, USP, manufactured by Solara Active Pharma Sciences Ltd.
Regulators targeted Zantac and other ranitidine and nizatidine medicines past year, after receiving reports of batches being contaminated with nitrosamines, the carcinogenic impurity that previously triggered the recalls of sartan products.More news: Thousands of Iranian protesters hit streets condemning leaders over downed plane
A known environmental contaminant found in water, and foods like meats, dairy products and vegetables, NDMA is classified as a probable human carcinogen, according to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
Appco Pharma also recalled batches of ranitidine because of the potential presence of NDMA. The investigation has been going on since 2018.
The products Denton has recalled are unexpired and are between 150 mg and 300 mg. Ranitidine Capsules 150 mg and Ranitidine Capsules 300 mg were distributed nationwide.More news: US, China agree to restart semi-annual reform talks
Two companies have announced they are recalling heartburn medications because they may include a carcinogen. NDMA can be unintentionally introduced into manufacturing through certain chemical reactions.
USFDA classifies a Class II recall as one in which use of or exposure to a violative product may cause temporary or medically reversible adverse health consequences or where the probability of serious adverse health consequences is remote.More news: White Island volcano claims another victim as man dies in Melbourne hospital
- Oscar nominations are Monday morning: here's what to expect
- Friends stars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow reunite for night out
- Concerned about Jammu and Kashmir detentions, internet shutdown
- Alaskan man survives 20 days in the cold after cabin burns
- Big Bash League, W-League and more — Sportwatch
- Sergio Agüero breaks two Premier League records in Manchester City win
- Maple Leaf CEO flays U.S. government after Iran plane crash
- Giants hiring Patrick Graham as their defensive coordinator
- Renée Zellweger Saved Salma Hayek From a Huge Costume Mistake
- Flybe holds rescue talks with Government