The new machine, built in Austin, Texas after Apple got tariff relief from the Trump administration, starts at US$5,999 for specifications that some programmers, video editors, and photographers might consider measly.
Professional users who have been waiting years for a customizable Mac Pro will have no hesitation dropping $5,999 on the new model today. But for most consumers, the Mac Pro's price is shocking.
On Tuesday, the company finally gave us the answer.More news: Microsoft will shut down Wunderlist on May 6, 2020
Spend another $7,000 and you can upgrade to a 28-core (28 cores!) Intel Xeon W processor clocked at 2.5GHz, with Turbo Boost to 4.4GHz.
To increase the computer's RAM memory from 32 gigabytes to 1.5 terabytes is US$25,000 extra, the main reason the price can exceed US$52,000.
But you'll be amazed at what you can get if you go all-out. Oh, and let's throw in the special Apple Afterburner accelerator card that's capable of decoding up to 6.3 billion pixels per second (+$2,000), allowing you to play back three 8K ProRes RAW video streams simultaneously, and throw on some wheels (+400) to the frame.
The grand total for all this hardware is $52,748. Apple said a version of the Mac Pro created to be racked in data centers costs an extra US$500 and will launch later.More news: United Kingdom economy grinds to a halt days before general election
Unfortunately, the monitor doesn't come with a stand.
If you include the display and the accessories, the new Mac Pro will set you back $60,444.98.
Morrison states in his video that the Pro Display XDR's nano coating technology is a "game-changer", but you do need to see it in person to really appreciate it. Plus, if you're looking for a cheap MacBook with a reasonable 128GB of SSD storage, you simply won't find one anywhere else.
According to Apple's website, the company also plans on selling a "rack version" of the Mac Pro that can act as a server in a data center. It appears to be designed in more of a horizontal box, as opposed to the traditional desktop tower.More news: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson might work in a Bollywood action film someday!
- Nancy Pelosi Signs USMCA After Impeachment Announcement
- Resident Evil 3 remake confirmed as State of Play’s big reveal
- The Show goes multiplatform, confirmed for 'additional console platforms'
- ‘Active shooting situation’ underway in Jersey City, NJ, sheriff’s office says
- White House hopeful Elizabeth Warren paid $1.9m for past legal work
- Norvell agrees to leave Memphis, become Florida State head coach
- China lodges solemn representations over Canadian FM's irresponsible statement: embassy
- Chelsea linked with Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake
- Singer Cassie and bull rider husband welcome baby girl
- Trump claims USMCA trade deal will 'collapse' without quick action by Pelosi