Being a software-only update, there are no physical changes to the I-Pace's 90kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
Jaguar has developed a range-boosting update for the I-Pace.
The update, Jaguar says, is based on more than 50 million miles of real-world trips, globally, and scrutinizes "every element of the vehicle's performance". Using that research, Jaguar has managed small refinements that incrementally improve how the vehicle runs and drives.
The complimentary update comes as a result of innovations made over the course of the I-Pace eTrophy - the world's first all-electric production based worldwide race series - with engineers optimising the management of battery, thermal and AWD systems to enhance efficiency of the all-electric powertrain.More news: Juice WRLD's Plane Previously Searched By Federal Agents
Better aerodynamics are also achieved by a tweak of the thermal management controls which will allow vanes in the active radiator system to be close more often.
Jaguar said I-Pace owners can expect about 8 percent more range, equating to about 12 miles in the real world, though the vehicle's EPA-rated range will remain unchanged at 234 miles. With the new update, Jaguar says the battery can "run to a lower state of charge than previously without affecting drivability, durability, or performance".
All I-Paces are all-wheel-drive, and the update directly affects the car's traction system.
Range calculation: Changes to the predictive range calculation algorithm will deliver a more accurate and consistent estimate of vehicle range, while being more reflective of an individual's driving style.More news: United Kingdom manufacturing activity contracts in November
The all-electric Jaguar I-Pace has taken out the coveted World Car of the Year Award.
Customers can contact their local Jaguar dealerships to arrange installation of the complimentary software upgrade.
After receiving the latest software, more electronic modules will be able to receive remote updates, providing ongoing enhancements to the customer experience.More news: Trump claims USMCA trade deal will 'collapse' without quick action by Pelosi
- Putin, Zelensky Meet in Paris to Restart Ukraine Peace Talks
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson might work in a Bollywood action film someday!
- White House hopeful Elizabeth Warren paid $1.9m for past legal work
- The Show goes multiplatform, confirmed for 'additional console platforms'
- ‘They’ named Merriam-Webster dictionary’s word of the year
- Six South European Countries Will Boycott Nobel Ceremony over Peter Handke Award
- Arsenal next manager: Paulo Sousa's representatives confirm interest to replace Unai Emery
- Microsoft will shut down Wunderlist on May 6, 2020
- Singer Cassie and bull rider husband welcome baby girl
- Apple Returns To CES With Privacy In Mind