An alleged gunman is on the loose after killing six people and injuring two in a shooting at a hospital in eastern Czech Republic.
Officials say the shooter is at large. Police evacuated the hospital and were looking for a male suspect.
Police personnel and paramedics outside the Ostrava Teaching Hospital.More news: NASA scrubs first all-female spacewalk over suit sizing
The DNES daily reported on its website that the shooting had occurred at the trauma ward of the hospital in Ostrava, a steel hub located around 300km east of Prague.
Police posted on Twitter a picture of a man they initially identified as a suspect but later clarified was a witness, saying they were also searching for another person.
Shooting was on the 3rd floor of the traumatology department, according to local media.More news: California salad contaminated by E coli bacteria
Earlier reports had put the death toll at four, with two others seriously wounded.
The Minister said that special police units, including the Rapid Deployment Unit and the Police Helicopter, were intervening on the ground.More news: Megan Rapinoe named Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year
- Chinese Scientists Added Human Genes in Monkey Brains, And Only Half Survived
- Dabo Swinney Has Message For Steve Spurrier After ACC Championship
- Sydney firefighting headquarters evacuated due to heavy smoke
- Watch NASA blow a hole in the world's largest rocket fuel tank
- Supreme Court leaves Kentucky's ultrasound law in place
- 'No Miracle, But We've Advanced': Russia-Ukraine Peace Summit Results
- MLB The Show May be Switch Bound
- How to Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp for Android (Root Required)
- Thousands of Protesters Throng Hong Kong Street as Govt Urge Calm
- Chile military plane with 38 is missing on way to Antarctica