His 12th goal in all competitions for Chelsea this term includes 11 in 14 league appearances and Blues boss Lampard expects him to maintain the speed of his development. I saw us go to Man City and trade with them like a big team that was in and around that level, then I saw us play against West Ham like a team that's not that.
"The West Ham game was a lesson for us and today we were back to what we are".
"Chelsea's home defeat by West Ham on Saturday was a very odd result when you consider how both teams had been playing, but I think it was just a blip", he told.More news: Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865 is Next Year's Big Processor
"I haven't heard anything more", Lampard said during Tuesday's press conference.
After getting a well-deserved draw at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon, belief in the Villa squad will be high heading into the clash with the Blues, but they will be without a couple of first-team players for the trip. "He won the ball back in good areas", Lampard said. He's respectful of Aston Villa so it wasn't a massive celebration time. "West Ham was the only game this season when we haven't been up to par", he said.
Chelsea needed an immediate response after the interval and they delivered in the 48th minute.More news: Adam Sandler remembers his reaction to being fired from SNL
Chelsea'sMason Mount (2nd-right) scores his team's second goal against Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge in London.
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard called his former team-mate John Terry a "legend" as the ex-defender returned to Stamford Bridge for the first time on Wednesday. The pair repeatedly combined to cause Villa left-back Matt Targett all kinds of problems and it was no surprise that both home goals came from right-wing crosses.More news: Top House Democrat wants Mueller findings in impeachment articles against Trump
- Chris Petersen stepping down as Washington coach
- Plex's Ad-Supported Free Video on Demand Feature Now Available Worldwide
- Zinedine Zidane insistent on bringing Manchester United star to Real Madrid
- Study links dye and straighteners to breast cancer risk
- Huawei moving US research centre to Canada
- At peace with himself, Tiger Woods not chasing Majors
- IPhone launch schedule may get big shakeup in 2021
- 'Energised' Greta Thunberg arrives in Lisbon ahead of COP 25 climate summit
- Carmelo Anthony named Western Conference Player of Week
- Brazil's Bolsonaro asks Trump to be more understanding on tariffs