Xiaomi and OPPO have confirmed to launch Snapdragon 865 powered phones in the first quarter of 2020. Phones like the Galaxy S11 series, the next Galaxy Fold generation, or the OnePlus 8 have already appeared in several reports this fall, with Samsung's next Galaxy S model being the king of leaks so far. The poster also makes it clear that the smartphone will be 5G-ready. The new Snapdragon 765 series is a successor to the company's gaming-centric Snapdragon 730 series announced earlier this year.
While Qualcomm announced its two new processors, Snapdragon 865 and 765 (with 765G) at the keynote event during the Snapdragon tech Summit in Hawaii, US, Xiaomi took everyone by surprise by dropping some news on a couple of upcoming smartphones.
Qualcomm, however, did not reveal all the chip's capabilities on the first day.More news: Samoa shutting down all services as death toll rises
Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU with a 25% performance boost. The Modem-RF system includes Qualcomm 5G PowerSave, Smart Transmit, Wideband Envelope Tracking and Signal Boost. As for the X55, the 5G modem will deliver "truly global 5G" support.
I can see ASUS or Razer releasing a new gaming smartphone powered by the Snapdragon 865 in the very near future, maybe we'll begin to hear about these new phones at CES 2020 which is only around the corner.
Qualcomm is saving the nitty-gritty details on the Snapdragon 865 until later in the week at its developer summit. Other perks includes Qualcomm apX Voice for super wide band voice over Bluetooth. The Snapdragon 865 will be able to support 200-megapixel cameras as well. Yeah, the American chipmaker has announced the much-awaited Snapdragon 865 chipset for mobile phones. The AI upgrades will enable voice assistants to do more and detect context in situations. This also means that the debut of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865's debut in Xiaomi handsets may by sometime in Q1 2020. After all, mid-tier devices will push 5G to more people than premium devices.More news: Z Returns to Spotify on 50th Birthday
If the Snapdragon 865 is the expected news, then the Snapdragon 765 is the wildcard of the week.
According to Qualcomm, Snapdragon 765 supports all key regions and 5G frequency bands. "This innovative approach to making 5G more accessible to OEMs will dramatically streamline the development process and we look forward to exploring possibilities of working with Qualcomm Technologies on this exciting platform".
Qualcomm Quick Charge AI to bolster fast charging.More news: Cardi B Addresses Offset's Alleged DM, Says He Was Hacked
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk arrives in court for 'pedo guy' defamation trial
- Director Wes Ball developing new 'Planet of the Apes' movie
- Jeetan Patel appointed England's spin bowling consultant
- Amazon Launches First Battery-powered Portable Echo Speaker
- Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery
- Vodafone offers AWS "edge computing" to business customers
- Barr 'disagrees' with DOJ watchdog report that says Russian Federation probe was justified
- Himesh Reshammiya Replaces #MeToo Accused Anu Malik On Indian Idol 11
- NASA launching a 'robot hotel' to space station
- Russian-Turkish relations are no alternative to ties with North Atlantic Treaty Organisation , says Erdogan