JPMorgan raised its expected iPhone shipments by 1 million units to 75 million units for this quarter, saying that 190 million units would be shipped this year.More news: Android’s ‘Focus Mode’ exits beta, adds new scheduling features
But Apple is shifting from Qualcomm (QCOM) components made by Intel (INTC) in recent years reportedly halted development for modem 5G in time for this year's cycle.
"The report's predictions differ a bit from other speculation, some of which suggest the 2020 iPhone lineup will resemble the 2019 models with higher-end iPhones at 5.4 and 6.7-inches and a cheaper 6.1-inch phone", the report added. There'll be one 5.4-inch model in 2020, two with 6.1-inch displays, and a larger iPhone with a 6.7-inch display.
JPMorgan analyst Samik Chatterjee said the company will introduce four different models in the fall of 2020. Chatterjee's sources are pointing to two new iPhone models sometime in the first half of 2021, and then two more new releases in the second half of 2021. However, Apple has also been pushing privacy settings as a major benefit of its new iPhones, and as a reason to use its newest version of iOS. "Based on our supply chain checks, we are expecting a strategic change in the launch cadence with the release of two new iPhone models in 1H21 followed by another two in 2H21, which will serve to smooth seasonality around the launch", he wrote.More news: "Sentiment Across Country": Congress On Rahul Bajaj's Remark
This schedule might apparently develop into the norm for Apple going ahead, with Chatterjee claiming it might assist the corporate higher compete with rival telephone launches, which occur all year long, in addition to permitting Apple to change designs extra rapidly in response to market suggestions. Separate news said that the AirPods are speculated to be under consideration to be included with future iPhones, which is a great thing for Apple's smartphone users.
- Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery
- Rep. Nunes sues CNN for $435 million over Ukraine story
- Himesh Reshammiya Replaces #MeToo Accused Anu Malik On Indian Idol 11
- Australia repeals law allowing onshore medical care for refugees
- Rockets considering protest over James Harden dunk not counting
- Samoa shutting down all services as death toll rises
- Revealed! Who the Socceroos will face in Copa America
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk arrives in court for 'pedo guy' defamation trial
- London Bridge attacker's family 'saddened and shocked'
- KINGSTON CRASH: One dead, 16 others hurt during a massive pileup