Shivangi, who was born in Bihar's Muzaffarpur, will be flying the Dornier surveillance aircraft of the Indian Navy.More news: Watch highlights from Rams' Week 13 win over Cardinals
Shivangi was commissioned into the Indian Navy previous year after initial training. Women were always there in the navy but they were not in the cockpit. "Woman in the cockpit for the first time", Shivangi told reporters. She will continue her training at INAS 550, the Dornier squadron at INS Garuda, to become a fully operational pilot on Maritime Reconnaissance (MR) aircraft. "Maybe they will start going for choppers and fighters", she added.
She was commissioned into the Navy in June past year.More news: Jason Garrett will coach in National Football League subsequent yr, Jones says
After earning her wings two days before the Navy Day on Wednesday, Shivangi said she was happy with her achievement.
She was one of the three officers of the 7th Dornier Conversion Course (DOCC) who qualified as pilots and got their golden "Wings" at a ceremony held at INS Garuda on Monday.More news: Why the Eagles should consider moving on from Doug Pederson
The FOC-in-C South Rolling Trophy for standing first in overall order of merit was awarded to Lieutenant Shivam Pandey, he said.
- Google, YouTube Ban at Least 300 Trump Ads for Violating Companies' Policies
- Former congressman Joe Sestak ends 2020 presidential bid
- Alphabet CEOs Larry Page, Sergey Brin Resign
- Samsung Galaxy A 2020 Series Coming on December 12th
- European Union mission tells Malta PM to quit immediately over Caruana Galizia case
- Delph and Coleman ruled out for Everton against Liverpool
- Jaguars to start Gardner Minshew Sunday against the Chargers
- Google Photos introduces individual photo sharing and comments
- Mark Zuckerberg won't share details of his secret dinner with Trump
- Thoughts, takeaways from Oklahoma-Oklahoma State (live blog)