The tie will take place on the first weekend of January, between Friday 3rd and Monday 6th.
Pep Guardiola's City thumped Watford 6-0 in last season's final and have been given a favourable draw to kick-start their 2019-20 campaign, with John Askey's League Two side pitching up at the Etihad Stadium.More news: World leaders caught on tape, apparently mocking US President Donald Trump
Adams won the FA Cup three times with Arsenal, while Richards won it in 2011 with Manchester City.
Nonetheless, the magic of the cup should hopefully be alive and well at this early stage of the competition.More news: England's Buttler a doubt as New Zealand's Mitchell makes test debut
Meanwhile, Boston United of the National League North, the sixth tier of English football, could meet Newcastle United if they manage to beat Rochdale in a second-round home replay.
Wolves reached their first FA Cup semi-final in 21 years by beating Manchester United in last season's quarters, while Manchester City will be wary of falling victim to lower-league Port Vale after going out to then-League One side Wigan in the fifth round in 2018.
Leicester, second in the Premier League, entertain Wigan, with Frank Lampard's Chelsea welcoming Nottingham Forest to Stamford Bridge.More news: Himesh Reshammiya Replaces #MeToo Accused Anu Malik On Indian Idol 11
- Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery
- Brazil's Bolsonaro asks Trump to be more understanding on tariffs
- Rep. Nunes sues CNN for $435 million over Ukraine story
- Adam Sandler remembers his reaction to being fired from SNL
- "Sentiment Across Country": Congress On Rahul Bajaj's Remark
- Barr 'disagrees' with DOJ watchdog report that says Russian Federation probe was justified
- Amazon Launches First Battery-powered Portable Echo Speaker
- Root's epic 226 gives England 101-run lead over New Zealand
- NASA launching a 'robot hotel' to space station
- IPhone launch schedule may get big shakeup in 2021