"I think (Lillard) makes it so much easier for me to come in and be a part of this situation and this team and this organization".
Anthony had been looking for a roster spot since his release last November by the Houston Rockets. The veteran has averaged 17.7 points since his arrival, including games of 25 and 23 points in victories against the Chicago Bulls last week.
"I was ready to walk away, yeah", he told Nichols.More news: U.S., China Move Closer to Trade Deal Despite Harsh Rhetoric
"It was hard. But there came a point when I was, like, "You know what?"
"There were a lot of teams that I thought I was going to be on", revealed Anthony. "I was ready to walk away". "So I'd been fightin" an uphill battle anyway if I didn't go to the right situation".
Since signing with the Trail Blazers, Anthony has revived his career.More news: Android’s ‘Focus Mode’ exits beta, adds new scheduling features
Anthony added that the communication with the Blazers early on was key -- specifically in terms of what his role with the team would be. And I know for a fact he would go to bat for me, but I don't feel comfortable putting people in that situation, whether you're my friend or not. "Tell me what you need from me, '" Anthony said. We got that clear before I stepped in that door. I have to get rid of my pride, but also approach the game differently. "But it's not something that I was calling him and talking to him about, asking him, 'Can you do this for me?' I would never put him in that position because a lot of times it's deeper than that, and I started understanding the business of basketball".
"I told those guys from the beginning, my big thing was, 'Just be transparent with me".More news: China, Russia launch massive joint gas pipeline
- World leaders caught on tape, apparently mocking US President Donald Trump
- Zinedine Zidane insistent on bringing Manchester United star to Real Madrid
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865 is Next Year's Big Processor
- Flyers pull away from Maple Leafs at end, get fifth straight win
- Z Returns to Spotify on 50th Birthday
- IPhone launch schedule may get big shakeup in 2021
- Top House Democrat wants Mueller findings in impeachment articles against Trump
- Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery
- England's Buttler a doubt as New Zealand's Mitchell makes test debut
- Director Wes Ball developing new 'Planet of the Apes' movie