In Interview, the "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" star also touched upon the current age of "cancel culture", noting that people now are focused more on the mistakes than the choices that are made after.
Hopkins asked Pitt about his struggles with alcohol, which was reportedly one of the reasons he got into an alleged brawl with his son, Maddox, aboard a flight, which subsequently prompted Jolie to seek separation.
"I hadn't cried in like, 20 years", he continued. "Just moved", the 55-year-old actor said.
In the chat, Pitt talked about his past struggles, telling Hopkins that he saw alcohol as an "escape". Moved by my kids, moved by my friends, moved by the news.More news: New ‘Strandhogg’ vulnerability targeting Android users discovered
The Ad Astra star believes "it's a good sign" that he's been able to reconnect with his emotions.
Hopkins, 81, said he cries "at the drop of a hat, because everything moves me".
"I would be exploring it whether there was a script that allowed that or not."
Brad Pitt is opening up about his bouts with alcoholism.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt attend the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in Berlin, Germany, on February 13, 2012. He went on to relate he attended a couple of Alcoholics Anonymous meetings to cope with the points.More news: Apple announces its best iOS apps and games of 2019
He said: "I think we're living in a time where we're extremely judgmental and quick to treat people as disposable".
'We've always placed great importance on mistakes. Nonetheless the next transfer, what you attain after the error, is what if truth be told defines a person. You can not have one without the other.
"Yes, it's not even about grief, it's about the glory of life", the Oscar victor said. And that's the half I safe so rather more invigorating and enticing'.
'We're all going to make mistakes. I see it as something I'm just now getting my arms around at this time in my life.
We're happy to see this progress.More news: Body found in search for missing woman in Australia's outback
Pitt also opened up about believing in fate and trying not to take credit or blame for what happens in life.
- First Woman Pilot Of Navy
- Jaguars to start Gardner Minshew Sunday against the Chargers
- Maddison Brown avoids questions about Liam Hemsworth amid split rumours
- How do Denmark's Pisa school results compare to other countries?
- Hodgson tells Zaha to honour Palace contract
- Evidence against Donald Trump is 'overwhelming', final House impeachment report finds
- US facing possible french fry shortage due to weak potato harvest
- On World AIDS Day, Trump Vows To End Epidemic In 10 Years
- NYT Defends Bloomberg News After They Get Banned From Trump Campaign Events
- Delph and Coleman ruled out for Everton against Liverpool