Ms Hockridge had been travelling with two others when their vehicle got stuck in a riverbed on 19 November.
The group and Ms McBeath-Riley's dog, Raya, had been travelling from Alice Springs to go on a hike when they became bogged in the Hugh River.
McBeath-Riley and Hockridge, both Alice Springs locals, had taken Tran out for a drive and afternoon trek more than two weeks ago, heading to a region south of Alice Springs, when their ute became bogged in a river.
They had stayed by the vehicle for around three days in an unsuccessful attempt to free it, before splitting up to find help.More news: Samsung Galaxy A 2020 Series Coming on December 12th
Ms McBeath-Riley spoke outside hospital on Monday, alongside Ms Hockridge's sister, and said she was "worried to death", because she thought the pair - who had a Global Positioning System and compass with them - would have earlier reached the Stuart Highway, about 22km from where they separated.
'We are mindful that up to date they have been very resourceful, and we are hoping that she has been able to locate water'.
Police despatched helicopters to search for the trio.
McBeath-Riley said the auto became bogged down in the soft desert roads in the region.
Supt Pauline Vicary, from NT Police, said the pair had managed to find groundwater to drink, describing their survival as a "miracle".More news: Jason Garrett will coach in National Football League subsequent yr, Jones says
Mr Tran was found by a pastoralist on Tuesday morning. He chose to follow the fence line, after which he encountered the farmer.
Northern Territory police said on Wednesday they had located a body "which is believed to be that of Claire Hockridge during search efforts".
For a few days, the group stayed close to the auto, surviving on the limited supplies they had packed, McBeath-Riley said.
Formal identification is yet to be conducted, said police, and they will prepare a report for the coroner.More news: On World AIDS Day, Trump Vows To End Epidemic In 10 Years
- Doctors bring a dead heart ‘back to life’ for groundbreaking transplant
- Delph and Coleman ruled out for Everton against Liverpool
- Apple announces its best iOS apps and games of 2019
- Jaguars to start Gardner Minshew Sunday against the Chargers
- Thoughts, takeaways from Oklahoma-Oklahoma State (live blog)
- Hodgson tells Zaha to honour Palace contract
- Canucks clobber Oilers in big divisional match-up
- Real Housewives' Porsha Williams Engaged AGAIN with Dennis McKinley
- First Woman Pilot Of Navy
- US facing possible french fry shortage due to weak potato harvest