Looking to close out the series following their impressive seven-wicket win in last Wednesday's opener, West Indies started strongly with Lewis and Hope putting on 98 for the first wicket.
The West Indies, though, still managed to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.More news: Kourtney Kardashian quits Keeping Up With the Kardashians TV show
Afghanistan's main objective in the second ODI will be to register a sizeable total on the scoreboard. Rahmat Shah and Ikram Alikhil were the only two batsmen who steadied the ship for them. West Indies and Afghanistan were taking on each other in the second ODI in the city. However, Rashid Khan was not successful to add any wickets to his name. The experienced Rahmat Shah and Asghar Afghan will be the batting mainstays for Afghanistan.
The left-hander's top score of 67 propelled West Indies to 247 for nine off their 50 overs at the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium after they had been sent in by the hosts, as opener Evin Lewis extended his form with 54 and Shai Hope chipped in with 43.
Afghanistan, though, ended up constantly driving the fee inspite of stands of 53 amongst Rahmat Shah (33) and Hazratullah Zazai (23) and 68 involving Najibullah Zadran (56) and Mohammad Nabi (32). With a view to recreate such performance, Pollard and Co are doubtful to make any changes to their formidable line-up in the second ODI.More news: Brewers’ Yelich wins second consecutive Silver Slugger award
Roston Chase, who was the stand-out performer in the first ODI is anticipated to be the game-changer for West Indies yet again. His all-round display earned him the "Player of the Match" award. The 21-year-old is regarded as the game-changer for his national side.More news: Nintendo supporting 3DS console into 2020 while Switch soars
- Cyclone Bulbul: Operations at Calcutta airport to be suspended
- Halle Berry Showcased Her Super Ripped Abs In This Viral Photo
- No. 17 Minnesota proves the doubters wrong, upsets No. 4 Penn State
- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp - No club can afford Kylian Mbappe
- Death Stranding Will Be Simultaneously Released on Steam and Epic Games Store
- ABC cancels 'Fresh Off the Boat,' sets finale for February
- Police in Bolivia join opposition as crisis mounts
- Gov. Matt Bevin Seeks Recanvassing in Ky. Race
- Gap CEO Art Peck to leave as clothing retailer cuts earnings forecast
- Ohio State's Chase Young suspension could reach four games, per report