Burrow passed for 393 yards and three touchdowns, answered challenge after challenge and helped end the eight-year string of futility that started with the national title game in January 2012. The duo's 13-yard hookup gave LSU a 33-13 lead at halftime, the largest deficit a Nick Saban-coached Crimson Tide team had faced after 30 minutes. The win was incredible and a milestone for Orgeron, who beat the Tide for the first time as LSU's head coach. They have a two-game lead in the West Division with three to go, with their first Rose Bowl bid since 1961 well within reach. After LSU benefitted from a very controversial replay decision at the 1-yard line, Edwards-Helaire took flight over the Alabama defense and scored his first touchdown of the game.
And on the 11th Saturday, we got some clarity.
Can the Big Ten still get two teams in?More news: Trump says transcript of "second" Ukraine call will "probably" be released Tuesday
Tagovailoa, 20 days removed from ankle surgery, was 21 of 40 for 418 yards and four touchdowns with an interception and a fumble. He sat out against Arkansas the next week and then Alabama was off, giving him an extra week to recover for the biggest game of the season.
At the end of the first half, Tagovailoa was picked off by LSU linebacker Patrick Queen, Alabama's Landon Dickerson was flagged for a cheap shot that resulted in the Tigers getting the ball half the distance to the goal line, and Burrow threw a touchdown pass to running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire on the next play.
"As an athlete and just in life", Morgan said, "you should want pressure because that means your life is significant". Scored two touchdowns in the final 26 seconds of the first half in a pivotal flurry that threatened to be overshadowed by the second half drama.More news: Chelsea up to second as Tottenham falter once more
Each Saturday night throughout the season, I rank the 10 best teams in the country.
Strength of schedule, head‐to‐head competition and championships won must be specifically applied as tie‐breakers between teams that look similar. The Ohio State transfer guided the Tigers 75 yards in 12 plays, scrambling for 15 yards on a crucial third-and-five before Edwards-Helaire turned the corner to score from five yards out.
Tagovailoa limped off the field after the game, his first since suffering an ankle injury against Tennessee on October 20.More news: KSI Vs Logan Paul
- LeBron James endorses Deion Sanders for Florida State football head coaching job
- Climate crisis education to be made compulsory in Italian schools
- Fed Cup Final: Kristina Mladenovic puts France 1-0 ahead against Australia
- Australia crush Pakistan by 10 wickets in final T20
- Question Your Sanity In The First Trailer for The Invisible Man
- Chargers QB Philip Rivers scuffles in tough road loss to Raiders
- Toyota and BYD join forces for EV development in China
- Prince Harry hints he and Meghan Markle want baby no. 2
- ‘Baby Trump’ Balloon Slashed at Alabama Appearance
- Grace Millane murder trial: Jury hears evidence of clean-up