After the South Florida Sun Sentinel independently confirmed that Waiters had taken ill on the flight, with emergency responders meeting the team plane on the tarmac, Slater reported Friday night, "Waiters overdosed on 'gummies, ' sources say, and was passed out when plane landed". The Heat declined to comment to ESPN for the story.
Regardless, Davis and the Lakers are playing some of the best basketball in the league and they should be able to carry that momentum over when they play the Toronto Raptors.More news: Boeing to 'more than double' 737 Max simulators by 2019
"Talk to my coaches", James said.
Talking to Heat reporter Jason Jackson of FOX Sports at halftime, Wade revealed that he spoke with the Heat players prior to the game.
Beyond that, there are just questions, ones the Heat have yet to address.More news: Captain becomes player as Woods picks himself
Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters was scratched from the team's game against the Lakers in Los Angeles on Friday night, reportedly because he ate too many "gummies" sweets.
The Heat were on a three-game road trip that included a stop in Denver (marijuana use is legal in Colorado), and then they flew to Phoenix.
While teams have latitude to discuss player injuries, they are not allowed to discuss personal matters in other matters, including substance-policy situations.More news: Fed Cup Final: Kristina Mladenovic puts France 1-0 ahead against Australia
He lost his spot in the Heat's rotation, as two rookie guards, Tyler Herro and Kendrick Nunn, have had strong starts to the season. With the emergence of rookies Kendrick Nunn and Tyler Herro the Heat have not really needed Waiters on the court, and if he misses four more games he will not get a $1.2 million performance bonus that is part of his contract.
- Police say dad, daughter kidnapped woman, who was found in California desert
- Mormon families fleeing Mexico violence arrive in Arizona
- Free State unhappy with Springbok World Cup trophy tour snub
- Whitney Houston’s BFF Robyn Crawford opens up on Love Affair
- Chelsea up to second as Tottenham falter once more
- Trump says transcript of "second" Ukraine call will "probably" be released Tuesday
- KSI Vs Logan Paul
- WhatsApp launches 'Catalogs' for small Indian businesses
- Stephen Curry Could Miss Entire Remainder Of 19-20 Season
- Prince Harry hints he and Meghan Markle want baby no. 2