Dion Waiters has not played for the Heat this season, and that streak continued Friday under freakish circumstances.
Waiters, it seems, was not well at the end of the flight.
Miami radio host Andy Slater reported that Waiters ingested too many "gummies" (presumably of the recreational-drug type and not vitamins) while the team was in flight from Phoenix to Los Angeles after its game Thursday vs. the Suns.More news: Mormon families fleeing Mexico violence arrive in Arizona
The league bans THC, and the Heat declined to comment on the incident. According to Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel, Waiters took ill on the plane and was met on the tarmac by emergency responders. So instead of me joining the circus I told myself you from (Philly) you've been through worst s- in your life than this.
The Heat were on a three-game road trip that included a stop in Denver (marijuana use is legal in Colorado), and then they flew to Phoenix. He also hasn't been suspended by the team for the incident. Waiters was listed as out for Friday's game against the Lakers due to illness and did not attend the game.
Waiters has not played yet this season. Although his numbers of slightly dipped, Waiters was known as an effective scorer and dropped major buckets for the Heat in preseason lay. Waiters has failed to meet the same bonus - worth $1.2 million - in each of the past two seasons.More news: Volkswagen ID. Space Vizzion teased ahead of LA Auto Show
There has been friction between Waiters and the team during his Heat tenure regarding his conditioning, which was set back by an ankle issue that required surgery, with Waiters this past offseason acknowledging on social media about being "in a dark place" amid such outside criticism.
What Waiters took was an edible containing THC.More news: Australia crush Pakistan by 10 wickets in final T20
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare offers first free DLC
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin demands recanvassing of ballots after results show loss
- Alibaba sets eyes on $15bn Hong Kong listing
- KSI Vs Logan Paul
- Need for Speed Heat - Reviews roundup
- Exiled Cambodian opposition figurehead arrives in Malaysia
- Chelsea up to second as Tottenham falter once more
- Free State unhappy with Springbok World Cup trophy tour snub
- Detroit hosts Vegas after Fabbri’s 2-goal game
- Trump says transcript of "second" Ukraine call will "probably" be released Tuesday