Rolling out the G-Class Ev will transform one of the biggest gas guzzlers of the band into a zero-emissions vehicle.More news: Exiled Cambodian opposition figurehead arrives in Malaysia
We're certainly surprised by the decision. "In the past there were discussions on whether we should eliminate the model, the way I see things now I'd say the last Mercedes to be built will be a G-Class", Pallenberg said. The G-Glass is one of the least efficient SUVs on the road and Mercedes was even discussing the possibility of cutting the boxy SUV out of its lineup.
Just like every other auto maker, Mercedes is busy electrifying its cars, but it can make no greater statement of intent in that direction than to create an electric version of the iconic G-Class.More news: Need for Speed Heat - Reviews roundup
Schwarzenegger's whip may give us an idea of the kind of specs we could expect in the electric G-Wagen.
If anything, a plug-in hybrid G-Class or one with a mild-hybrid system is more likely to be introduced before Mercedes goes all-in with an electric. However, later, the company chose to electrify the SUV.More news: Which Dolphins' defender who will serve as X-factor vs. Colts?
The Pune-headquartered German automaker had created a new MPV luxury segment in the country in January when it launched the lower version called Mercedes V-Class for business and leisure in two trims called V-Class Expression at Rs 68.40 lakh and V-Class Exclusive at Rs 81.90 lakh. It has an 80 kWh battery pack supporting 150kW fast-charge and over 190 mile range.
- Woody Allen, Amazon settle suit
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin demands recanvassing of ballots after results show loss
- Captain becomes player as Woods picks himself
- In Chatteris all are welcome to join this year's Remembrance Day parade
- Alibaba sets eyes on $15bn Hong Kong listing
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare offers first free DLC
- Inmate Argued His Life Sentence Ended When He Died And Was Revived
- On Berlin Wall Anniversary, Trump Calls Germany "Treasured" Ally
- Chelsea fans praise Reece James after superb first start in Palace win
- Olivia Colman totally bombarded her first encounter with Prince William