Chelsea fans have praised defender Reece James after the youngster made a huge impact on his first start for the Blues in the league.
Zaha may have been limited by the lack of service from his own team-mates, but James fought well against the Ivory Coast global as he passed the latest test thrown at him in Chelsea's 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea comes into this one on the heels of a remarkable Champions League game at Stamford Bridge where it trailed Ajax 4-1 and somehow came back to make it an incredible eight-goal draw. "I think we deserved it in the end".More news: Trump says transcript of "second" Ukraine call will "probably" be released Tuesday
It was the 300th Premier League game as coach for Palace's Roy Hodgson, whose team showed good early-season league form but is now on a four-game winless run.
Chelsea soon broke the deadlock after the break as Willian flicked a ball through to Abraham in the Palace box for the England global to slot a finish past Guaita.
"I know I trust in Reece defensively, so it was a really, really impressive game from him, and he's going to get much better".
"Crystal Palace are a good side, they defend well as a team and they frustrated our style of play". He broke the deadlock soon after.More news: Stephen Curry Could Miss Entire Remainder Of 19-20 Season
The Blues might finish the weekend in second place with a sixth straight win in the league.
Chelsea can boast six league wins in a row for the first time since Antonio Conte was in charge when the Blues won the title in 2017. The 21-year-old has been one of Chelsea's best players in recent weeks and he can now boast a fantastic five goals and five assists since joining from Borussia Dortmund.
Mason Mount believes Chelsea's youthful revolution will continue to gather pace as the season progresses.
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard handed midfielder N'Golo Kanté his first league start since October 6 in place of Jorginho, who was suspended.More news: Olivia Colman totally bombarded her first encounter with Prince William
- 10,000 veterans march past the Cenotaph — Remembrance Sunday
- Australia crush Pakistan by 10 wickets in final T20
- FC Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde reserves special praise for Lionel
- Fans are reportedly injured at the Travis Scott Astroworld Festival
- WhatsApp launches 'Catalogs' for small Indian businesses
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin demands recanvassing of ballots after results show loss
- Twitter reacts to LSU's first half of domination against Alabama
- Mormon families fleeing Mexico violence arrive in Arizona
- Alibaba sets eyes on $15bn Hong Kong listing
- Miami Heat not discussing Dion Waiter’s health situation, status with team