"We just found a way to win".
Derek Carr handles business - The stats alone weren't overly impressive for DC Thursday night in primetime - he completed 21 of his 31 attempts for 218 yards and a touchdown - but when the pressure was on, Carr was at his best. "Some nights are just tougher than others". This time the late-game heroics came after Philip Rivers threw a 6-yard pass to Austin Ekeler that gave the Chargers (4-6) a 24-20 lead with 4:02 remaining. You see our team with the resilience.More news: ABC cancels 'Fresh Off the Boat,' sets finale for February
Harris intercepted Rivers on the Chargers' first drive of the game, leading to a field goal from Raiders kicker Daniel Carlson.More news: NHL Global Series heading to Finland, Czech Republic in 2020
"Sack totals are driving me nuts", coach Jon Gruden said after the Raiders' 26-24 win over the Chargers. But we'll be a hard out to get. The Chargers QB threw two first-half interceptions to Raiders safety Eric Harris - the first one a ghastly overthrow to Keenan Allen - and could have had several more turnovers. But he fell short at the end.
The Raiders' rookie class has gained notice for improving throughout the season. The defensive back picked off Rivers again on the following possession and ran 56 yards for a score, putting the Raiders up 10-0 in the first quarter.More news: SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son on WeWork Investment: 'Judgment Was Poor'
Melvin Gordon had 22 carries for 108 yards and a TD that put the Chargers up 14-10 in the second quarter. Over his past six ballgames, Carr has been stellar, throwing 10 touchdowns, and just a single interception.
- Japan 'specs ban' for women at work sparks backlash
- Podcast hosts delete TI 'hymen' episode, apologize for laughing
- De Minaur beats Tiafoe to reach 2nd successive final
- West Indies beat Afghanistan amid invasion of moths
- ‘Baby Trump’ Balloon Slashed at Alabama Appearance
- Baghdadis wife revealed ISIS secrets and inner workings after capture
- Iraqi PM concedes 'mistakes made' as protesters pushed back in Baghdad
- Brewers’ Yelich wins second consecutive Silver Slugger award
- Halle Berry Showcased Her Super Ripped Abs In This Viral Photo
- Harry and Meghan's tender moment at Westminster Abbey's 'Field of Remembrance'