US and European legislators have asked Boeing to revise documentation on its intended 737 MAX software fix, the plane manufacturer confirmed Wednesday, further hampering its efforts to return the jet to service by year-end.
Mr Muilenburg also said he planned to make significant donations to a fund to help the families of 346 people killed in two fatal 737 MAX crashes. "When it does, we will be ready". Depending on how long it takes to satisfy FAA and EASA, it could push back a certification flight test and regulators' final decision on lifting the flight ban by a few days or even weeks, said the person.More news: Japan 'specs ban' for women at work sparks backlash
American is already selling flights on five of its Max jets as early as January 15. Airlines say they will need another one to two months after that to train pilots on the changes.
Airlines across the world, including in India, grounded their fleet of the Max aircraft after twin crashes - Indonesia'a Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines - had resulted in more than 300 passengers losing lives.More news: Whitney Houston’s BFF Robyn Crawford opens up on Love Affair
What? No bonus? Boeing boss gives up perks after Senate grilling over 737 crashes Boeing Chief Executive Dennis Muilenburg has decided not to take a bonus for 2019 after U.S. lawmakers hammered him over compensation during Capitol Hill hearings last week in the wake of two 737 MAX plane crashes. While Muilenberg will be staying on as CEO, he announced this week he's giving up most of his 2019 salary, and won't receive bonuses until the Max is deemed safe. The airline was forced to cancel 9500 flights due to grounding of the Boeing jets during third quarter alone.
BOEING Co chief executive Dennis Muilenburg said on Wednesday he would forgo "tens of millions of dollars" in compensation after asking the company's board of directors to waive his bonuses on Saturday. The airline expects the grounding to cut pretax income by $540 million this year.More news: Climate crisis education to be made compulsory in Italian schools
- Chargers QB Philip Rivers scuffles in tough road loss to Raiders
- Grace Millane murder trial: Jury hears evidence of clean-up
- Question Your Sanity In The First Trailer for The Invisible Man
- Halle Berry Showcased Her Super Ripped Abs In This Viral Photo
- Free State unhappy with Springbok World Cup trophy tour snub
- Celtics' Hayward fractures hand vs. Spurs
- Podcast hosts delete TI 'hymen' episode, apologize for laughing
- SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son on WeWork Investment: 'Judgment Was Poor'
- Brewers’ Yelich wins second consecutive Silver Slugger award
- Toyota and BYD join forces for EV development in China