Michigan State faced off against the Britons on October 29th in an exhibition game that was truly a family affair as Cassius Winston was able to face off against his two younger brothers, Zachary Winston and Khy Winston.
Zachary Winston was unable to play due to an injury, but was able to play in the Britons' home opener where he scored three points in 15 minutes of action.
The Albion Department of Public Safety reported the crash at 8:30 p.m.at a crossing near Erie Street in downtown Albion.More news: Matthew Stafford Not Expected to Play Against Chicago
An Amtrak train struck and killed a teenager who was a member of the Albion College men's basketball team on Saturday evening. Although the public safety department has not released the name of the student, Albion Police Chief Scott Kipp confirms the student was Zachary Winston. A witness at the scene said that the 32 year-old Chicago man may have intentionally run in front of that train. "Updates to come." almost an hour later they updated the incident, saying another train were running late "due to earlier trespasser strike involving another train in its path east of Battle Creek".
"As a community, our hearts are broken today as we share the news of the passing of one of our students, Zachary Winston", Albion College president Mauri Ditzler said in a statement Sunday afternoon. And as families do in hard times, we must come together to mourn and to embrace one another. We have been in close contact with the student's family and are doing everything we can to support them. In accordance with the family's wishes, we are not sharing a name or details at this time.
Ditzler said they plan to offer grief counseling and will be sharing details later Sunday. At this time it's unclear if Cassius Winston will be playing in the game.More news: Exiled Cambodian opposition figurehead arrives in Malaysia
MSU assistant basketball coach Dane Fife tweeted this morning. All three attended University of Detroit Jesuit High School.
Stay with News 10 and WILX.com as we follow this situation.More news: Miami Heat not discussing Dion Waiter’s health situation, status with team
- House Republicans Request Hunter Biden Testify in Public Impeachment Hearing
- Saudi Aramco Stock Offering to Launch November 17
- Impeachment testimony also gives Trump a quid pro quo defence
- On Berlin Wall Anniversary, Trump Calls Germany "Treasured" Ally
- Russian Napoleon-expert found drunk in river with student’s severed arms
- Nintendo publish wobbly co-op rescue game The Stretchers, out now for Switch
- Liverpool or Man City?
- Matthew Stafford out against Bears with broken back bones
- Which Dolphins' defender who will serve as X-factor vs. Colts?
- Woody Allen, Amazon settle suit