"They were paid Rs 20 lakh for slow batting, and for other things".
Till now four players have been arrested in the case the tally of players' arrest to four, with Nishant Singh Shekhawat and M Viswanathan being the ones arrested earlier.
Gautam has played in the Ranji Trophy for Karnataka and Goa and has represented Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL). "Also, they fixed another match against Bangalore team".
According to reports, Bellary Tuskers captain Gautam and teammate Kazi allegedly accepted Rs 20 lakh for "slow batting" in the KPL final against Hubli Tigers.More news: Nicola Adams retires from boxing due to fears of vision loss
Kazi, a bowling allrounder who also played under Gautam at some point, had a more stop-start career with Karnataka before moving onto Nagaland previous year and making three 150+ scores as a middle-order batsman. The accused were also reportedly involved in fixing another match against Bengaluru Blasters team, explained joint commissioner (crime) Sandeep Patil.
Kazi, 30, has played 17 first-class matches.
This is certainly a massive development as Gautam is one of the most famous players in Karnataka and was part of the side that won back-to-back domestic trebles in 2013-14 and 2014-15.
The coach allegedly manipulated a game between Bengaluru Blasters and Belagavi Panthers a year ago.More news: Masked college students meet in graduation rites in Hong Kong
Ballari Tuskers team owner Arvind Venkatesh Reddy were also interrogated by the Crime Branch.
The KSCA has announced that any other franchise, players, match officials and support staff who are arrested based on the first impression evidence of their alleged involvement in any illegal activity will be suspended quickly and if found guilty, appropriate and strict action will be taken.
The reproduction of the story/photograph in any form will be liable for legal action.
"We have terminated Gautam's contract. He has been replaced by Darshan Misal as the captain and we have sent a player Prathamesh as his replacement", Goa Cricket Association secretary Vipul Phadke said.More news: Vaping among teens on the rise
- Potential US China trade deal would remove tariffs
- Clippers not breaking load management rule with Kawhi Leonard
- Lady Gaga gets sinus infection, cancels Las Vegas concert
- Pat Cummins rested from Perth, Andrew McDonald to start at the Gabba
- Big Island Man Falls to Death in his Yard
- Shantay you stay! Ru Paul’s Drag Race UK confirmed for second series
- Olivier Ntcham's late goal fires Celtic into Europa League knockout stages
- Manchester United vs. Partizan Belgrade - Football Match Report
- Italy to include climate change on school curricula
- Apple AirPods 2 Giveaway | Enter to win Free AirPods