Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins will miss the third T20I against Pakistan on Friday in Perth. He played the first T20 match of his career against Sri Lanka on March 4, 2016 in Dhaka.
Australia looked well on track to secure a comprehensive win after racing to 41-0 in just 3.1 overs in chase of a revised 119-run target in a 15-over game in Sydney when the match officials called off the play due to heavy rain.
Earlier, recently-appointed Pakistan captain Babar Azam also played a majestic knock of 59* off 38 balls while wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Rizwan hit an impressive 33-ball 31 to take their side to 107-5 in 15 overs before showers arrived to halt the play for the second time.More news: Masked college students meet in graduation rites in Hong Kong
"It was nice to be there at the end and get the boys home", Smith said.
It soon seemed insufficient, however, as Australia skipper Aaron Finch and Warner stormed out of the blocks, smashing 30 runs in three overs before Warner was bowled for 20 by Mohammad Amir.
It left Smith and Ashton Turner with 45 runs to win off 42 balls, which they managed comfortably. It was probably a 170 wicket I reckon at least.More news: Malaysia detains two Cambodian dissidents headed for Thailand
Smith's fourth T20I half-century featured 11 fours - including three in as many legal deliveries off Amir in the 17th over of the run chase - as well as a six off the same bowler early in his innings. The way we kept taking wickets throughout the innings was really important because we know how damaging Pakistan can be in the powerplay or at the end so to get wickets consistently I think was the key to the day.
Iftikhar slogged his way to an unbeaten 62 to give Pakistan a total to defend.
"We are disappointed but Steve Smith took the match away", Babar said through a translator. Cricket Australia will name the Test squad late next week for the two-match series against Pakistan beginning November 21.More news: New HIV strain discovered after nearly 2 decades
Opener Fakhar Zaman's (2) poor form continued as the left-hander sliced Pat Cummins to a diving Warner at mid-off in the third over and Haris Sohail (6) couldn't adjust to Richardson's pace and top-edged a pull shot.
- Home favourite Day gets Presidents Cup nod to face Woods-led US
- Measles wipe immune system's memory of other illnesses, studies find
- Jeff Sessions formally announces bid for old Senate seat, praises President Trump
- Apple AirPods 2 Giveaway | Enter to win Free AirPods
- Manchester United vs. Partizan Belgrade - Football Match Report
- Potential US China trade deal would remove tariffs
- Monday night black cat still on the loose at MetLife Stadium
- Italy to include climate change on school curricula
- Carrie Fisher's brother reveals Rise of Skywalker's original Leia plan
- YouTube Homepage Redesign Brings Larger Thumbnails, More Features