The No. 3 Blue Devils are now in a tight battle with No. 4 Kansas as they continue in the first game of the Champions Classic.More news: Sears, Kmart locations closing nationwide
The two teams went back-and-forth in the first half, Duke leading by as many as five points and Kansas once holding a four-point lead, but it was the Blue Devils who took the lead entering halftime at 33-30. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET in NY.
It's pretty clear that Kansas has the edge when it comes to experience, but the final prediction from ESPN has Duke coming out on top. The college basketball odds for the game have the Jayhawks favored to pick up the win.More news: Italy to include climate change on school curricula
Which group do you assume wins tonight: Duke or Kansas? We can tell you it's leaning under, but it's also generated an extremely strong against the spread pick, saying one side of the spread cashes in almost 70 percent of simulations.
A sold-out Madison Square Garden got to witness a classic between the No. 4 Blue Devils and No. 3 Jayhawks that tipped-off the college basketball season.More news: Monday night black cat still on the loose at MetLife Stadium
The model knows the Blue Devils are 9-4 against the spread in their last 13 games against Big 12 teams and will look to avenge two tough losses in their last two meetings with Kansas.
- Masked college students meet in graduation rites in Hong Kong
- Lima Astronomical Society holding Mercury Transit viewing
- Tons of people received texts from February ... last night
- Lady Gaga gets sinus infection, cancels Las Vegas concert
- New HIV strain discovered after nearly 2 decades
- Malaysia detains two Cambodian dissidents headed for Thailand
- Galaxy S11’s "Hubble" camera will have "Space Zoom"
- Clippers not breaking load management rule with Kawhi Leonard
- Pat Cummins rested from Perth, Andrew McDonald to start at the Gabba
- Jeff Sessions formally announces bid for old Senate seat, praises President Trump