Fourcase says the building is still very unstable, as well as the crane.
PHOTO: This photo provided by WWL-TV shows the scene after a large portion of the Hard Rock Hotel, which is under construction, suddenly collapsed October 12, 2019, in New Orleans.
New Orleans Fire Chief Timothy McConnell told reporters there was a "major collapse" of the top six to eight floors of the building, located at the corner of Cala and North Rampart Street.More news: New era in Sino-India cooperation to begin with 'Chennai connect': Modi
Fire and police departments arrived at the scene, with authorities confirming to nola.com that there were multiple casualties, with three people still missing.
Health officials said that 18 people have been transported to the hospital and one person refused emergency care.
It is still not clear what caused the building to collapse.More news: Payment firms back out in painful blow to Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra
Injuries were reported after the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino under construction in New Orleans partially collapses.
A scary scene was captured on video this Saturday morning showing a large portion of the Hard Rock Hotel on Canal Street collapsing onto the road. Nearby buildings have been evacuated.
Several construction workers had to run to safety as the Hard Rock Hotel, which has been under construction for the last several months, came crashing down. "Please avoid the area & listen to public safety officials", NOLA Ready tweeted Saturday. "The concrete just started to slide down the side". The company planned to build 350 hotel rooms, four meeting spaces, two ballrooms plus 62 one- and two-bedroom units available for purchase.More news: Donald Trump Announces "Very Substantial" Partial China Trade Deal
Plans for the mixed use development project were first unveiled in February 2018.
- El Camino star Robert Forster dead at 78 after battle with cancer
- WhatsApp Again on Google Play Retailer After a Transient Disappearance
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite rumored to launch in Europe
- Hundreds of Thomas Cook jobs still under threat despite rescue deal
- 'There was no blackmail': Volodymyr Zelensky weighs in on impeachment discussion
- Having a Dog Significantly Lowers Your Risk of Death, Scientists Say
- Ex-ambassador claims Trump wanted her out
- Russian Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov, First Human to Perform Spacewalk, Dies
- Ex-Ecuador president wants new vote, denies planning coup
- Industrial output contracts 1.1% in August; manufacturing shrinks