"But fortunately for us, we've got some depth at that position".More news: Several people stabbed at United Kingdom shopping centre
But if Gurley ends up being out as early signs indicate, that pressure surrounding the Rams could end up hitting new levels since the 49ers were already going to be a hard challenge to begin with.
The quad injury is the latest setback in a disappointing season thus far for the superstar running back. During the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl, Gurley was practically nowhere to be found and reports started to circulate that he had arthritis in his knee.More news: Chris Cuomo Says His Pronouns Are ‘She, Her, and Hers’
Linebacker Clay Matthews (broken jaw), linebacker Natrez Patrick (hamstring) and cornerback Aqib Talib (ribs) also missed practice Wednesday. Both injuries occurred during the Rams' 30-29 loss to the Seattle Seahawks last week, a defeat that dropped the Rams' record to 3-2.
So it's no surprise Shanahan and Co. need to be concerned about a number of Rams players on Sunday.More news: New era in Sino-India cooperation to begin with 'Chennai connect': Modi
- Intel Ends Kaby Lake-G (with AMD Radeon Vega Graphics)
- Steelers QB Rudolph (concussion) returns to practice
- Chevrolet could end Manchester United sponsorship deal amid on-pitch struggles
- Taiwan president rejects China's offer of ‘one country, two systems’
- Donald Tusk hands Boris Johnson last-minute Brexit boost
- Edmonton Oilers' James Neal goes on scoring spree, nets four vs. Islanders
- Liam Hemsworth Spotted Holding Hands With Australian Netflix Actress
- Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan steps down
- CDC warns pet turtle related salmonella cases on the rise
- Ukraine’s Zelensky: ‘No Blackmail’ in Telephone Call with Trump