But it's not just any water you'll walk be walking on in MSCHF X INRI "Jesus Shoes," but actual Holy Water.
According to the brand's website, the shoe contains 60 cubic centimeters of holy water sourced directly from the River Jordan.More news: Several people stabbed at United Kingdom shopping centre
The sneakers' Biblical illusions continue throughout, with an inscription from Matthew 14:25 on the toebox, a steel crucifix on the shoe laces and a red sole alluding to the Vatican's cardinal footwear. Now, we only have a passing knowledge of the bible from school RE lessons, but seem to remember something about Jesus getting angry once in a marketplace over profiteering?
The "Jesus Shoes" weren't made in partnership with Nike.
If you think that it's only the holy water that soared up the price tag, then take a look at another feature of the kicks.More news: Advance voting is now open across Metro Vancouver
The shoes originally retailed for a whopping $1,425USD, but are being re-sold for at least $2,499USD, with prices spiking up to 8x the RRP. "We weren't making a religious statement, but more saying, 'Hey, collab culture is getting out of hand, '" says Greenberg. The shoes are now being resold for over $3,000.
When Jesus blesses a shoe, it gets sold out in minutes!
Greenberg, who dropped out of college after his freshmen year and is now studying two days a week at New York University while working full-time at MSCHF, tells Yahoo Lifestyle while rushing to class, "We're not a shoe company and we did not believe many would buy these or pay freaking $1,425".More news: United States vaping-related deaths rise to 29
On the company, MSCHF says more will be available October 22 and subsequent second and fourth Tuesdays of each month.
- Google launches detailed voice guidance in Maps for those with visual impairments
- Ukraine’s Zelensky: ‘No Blackmail’ in Telephone Call with Trump
- Taiwan president rejects China's offer of ‘one country, two systems’
- Rebekah Vardy slams Danielle Lloyd's claims as 'utter b******s' in rant
- Kendall Jenner Kisses Bella Hadid in Birthday Tribute Post
- Alexei Leonov, 1st human to walk in space, dies in Moscow
- Sharks bring back 40-year-old Patrick Marleau for 2nd stint
- 20 new moons found around Saturn
- Toyota Mirai concept revealed for Tokyo motor show
- Jane Fonda arrested protesting climate change in Washington