England and the Czech Republic top the group with 12 points but England has one game in hand.
Police in Prague made a series of arrests after crowd trouble involving England fans at Friday's Euro 2020 qualifying match. It would eventually be the game-winner as England had no response to Ondrasek's goal. Kosovo are now four points behind the top two, and defeat would leave an insurmountable gap.More news: Having a Dog Significantly Lowers Your Risk of Death, Scientists Say
Ondrasek, who plays for Dallas in MLS, replaced Roma forward Patrik Schick after 65 minutes with the game level at 1-1 and the striker could barely believe he had scored the victor against the 2018 World Cup semi-finalists.
In two days, which seems to be enough time for the side to lick their wounds after the defeat, England will travel to Bulgaria for another qualifier.
The past year has had a few stumbles and mis-steps but none almost as bad as this, the worst result and performance of the Gareth Southgate era. "We conceded possession of the ball too cheaply., Particularly in the first half, we didn't create enough chances, the second half, we had some good chances that we didn't take and throughout the night we were too open out of possession".More news: OPEC oil production drops after attacks on Saudi installations
It was Kane's seventh goal of the campaign, taking his worldwide tally to 27.
"There's a lot of work to be done to be a really top team, " Southgate said.More news: Climate change threatens two-thirds of America's birds with extinction
In the second half, Czech goalkeeper Tomas Vaclik denied both Sterling and Kane one-on-one.
- Didier Deschamps: "Not too serious for N'Golo Kanté".
- El Camino star Robert Forster dead at 78 after battle with cancer
- Brexit: EU, UK get go-ahead to intensify talks
- Donald Trump Announces "Very Substantial" Partial China Trade Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite rumored to launch in Europe
- PM Modi cleans Mamallapuram beach ahead of meeting with President Xi
- WhatsApp Again on Google Play Retailer After a Transient Disappearance
- Rebekah Vardy had run-ins with me too, says WAG Danielle Lloyd
- South Park Banned In China After Episode Mocking Chinese Censorship
- Payment firms back out in painful blow to Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra