According to news reports, the 23-year-old Nix entered a home through a doggie door and was confronted by the homeowner.
Court documents say the Phoenix homeowner shot Nix with a taser and kicked him in the face during the incident, which occurred at about 4 a.m. Sunday, according to ABC 15 and CBS 5. It was then that another person - identified as Padres minor league pitcher Tom Cosgrove - reached through the dog door to pull Nix out of the home.More news: Pregnant Women Should Get Flu and Whooping Cough Shots, CDC Says
As Nix and Cosgrove began to flee, the homeowner leaned out of the dog door and fired a Taser, striking Nix in the back.
Nix, a third-round pick of the Padres in 2015, has been charged with criminal trespassing. Police located and arrested the pair, two blocks away.
The Padres released a statement regarding the situation on Thursday.More news: Social Security Checks to Rise 1.6% in 2020
A right-hander selected by the Padres in the third round of the 2015 MLB draft, Nix reached the major leagues past year, going 2-5 with a 7.02 ERA in nine starts. Nix was selected in the third round of the 2015 Major League Baseball draft by the Padres. He appeared in just six games in the minors in 2019, and missed most of the season due to injury.
Cosgrove, a 12th-round pick in 2017, has yet to pitch above the Class-A level.
Nix was assigned to the Peoria Javelinas, an Arizona Fall League team, earlier this month, according to his MLB player page. "Due to ongoing legal proceedings, we will not have any further comment at this time".More news: Check For Incompatible Apps Before You Install MacOS Catalina
- Turkey begins offensive against Kurdish fighters in Syria
- IS militants hit US-backed Kurdish fighters in north Syria
- U.S. envoy to testify in impeachment probe, against State Dept order
- Beta program for Android 10 One UI 2.0 "coming soon" in Korea
- Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed wins Nobel peace prize
- Zuma to face corruption trial after court denies stay of prosecution
- Saxophone legend Kadri Gopalnath passes away!
- Victim's mother hopes IS militants will face U.S. charges
- Court: Deutsche Bank Does Not Have Donald Trump's Tax Returns
- Flustered Federer says fans inspired him to reach Shanghai quarters