According to the Hollywood Reporter, Fonda "was protesting with the group Oil Change International over the climate crisis", and was among those arrested and charged with "crowding, obstructing or incommoding".
"Inspired by Greta and the youth climate strikes as well as Reverend Barber's Moral Mondays and Randall Robinson's often daily anti-apartheid protests, I've moved to Washington, D.C.to be closer to the epicenter of the fight for our climate", Fonda wrote.
U.S. actress Jane Fonda listens to Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe's speech before receiving the Vermeil Medal of the City of Paris on June 10, 2010 at the Paris City Hall.More news: Reported Sexually Transmitted Diseases Reach Epidemic levels in California
Fonda, forever known as "Hanoi Jane" to those who took offense to her stand against the Vietnam War, criticized Democrats for failing to advance the left's climate agenda.
"We love you Jane" is what a crowd could be heard saying.More news: Padres pitcher tased, arrested after allegedly trespassing through doggie door
Fonda added: 'I talked to Pamela Anderson, for example.
"What we're facing is so important and so urgent, it doesn't matter". "This is the future. And if we don't do it, huge parts of the planet are going to be uninhabitable, by the way".
While praising the kids for their work on climate alarmism, Fonda also told the L.A. Times that it is time for "the grandmas" to step up. "They still have the torch, but the grandmas are taking it now and continuing it right up until the key thing, which is next November".More news: Miley Cyrus receives sick visit from new love Cody
Fonda said the rallies will concentrate on a push to stop all new leasing permits for fossil fuel development on public lands and waters, and to seek a gradual phaseout over 30 years, so that people who work for the fossil fuel industry will get "decent union jobs" that can support families.
- Things Get Weird in New Trailer for Pixar's Onward
- Apple’s next year iPhone models will cost more than current gen models
- Beta program for Android 10 One UI 2.0 "coming soon" in Korea
- U.S. envoy to testify in impeachment probe, against State Dept order
- Kevin Hart Breaks Silence Following Severe Car Crash, Sets Hiatus
- The wait is over! Harry Styles returns with new single and video
- Cosmonaut who performed first spacewalk dies aged 85
- Brexit breakfast for European Union and United Kingdom negotiators after "pathway to deal" opens
- This is Google's Pixelbook Go
- Supreme Court Hands Win To Blind Man In Domino's Website Accessibility Dispute