In June, an anonymous ticket-holder won a £123m jackpot.
The previous biggest United Kingdom winners were Colin and Chris Weir, from Largs in North Ayrshire, Scotland, who won £161 million in July 2011.
The winning ticket for Tuesday's draw was sold in the UK.
He added that it had "been a fantastic year" for UK EuroMillions players, with five jackpot wins.More news: Zarif Calls U.S. An Unreliable Ally And an 'Occupier' In Syria
We're sorry to be the ones to break it to you but the EuroMillions jackpot has been won by a United Kingdom punter! But what are tonight's Euromillions numbers and are you the lucky British victor of £169 million?
The current record holders are Colin and Chris Weir, from Largs in North Ayrshire, Scotland, who won £161 million in 2011. "Three lucky United Kingdom players each won £1.8m".
National Lottery operator Camelot said there have been four United Kingdom jackpot winners in 2019, who between them won £350 million.
The player matched all five main numbers - 07, 10, 15, 44, 49 - and the two "lucky stars" - 03, 12 - in Tuesday's draw.More news: United Nations 'could run out of money by end of month'
The player in the United Kingdom matched all five main numbers - 07, 10, 15, 44, 49 - and the two lucky stars - 03, 12 - in Tuesday's draw.
However, it's not only the Brits who are emerging victorious tonight, as one lucky player in Ireland is also taking home a cool Plus prize of €500,000.
You can check if you are a victor here.More news: City Charges Trump $500K, Obama $20K For Rally Security
- The NHS has opened its first gaming addiction clinic
- Win Nobel Prize in Physics for Work to Understand Cosmos
- Alec Baldwin says he was scammed by tour company
- Bank robbery suspicious arrested day before wedding after fiancee calls police
- California may see 3rd blackout amid fire fears
- United States adds Chinese AI and facial recognition companies to entity list'
- 800,000 Californians may have power cut to help prevent wildfires
- Spotify finally works with Siri
- Twitter used 2FA phone numbers for ad targeting
- Two meteor showers to watch for this week