But one particularly bad outing has just cost a veteran National Football League kicker his job.
It is good to see that the front office and coaches weren't afraid to make the move here and fans know that if Santos is flawless during his two games in Nissan Stadium (or if he just misses one on Sunday) then Tennessee would be sitting at 4-1 instead of wallowing in the pits of despair at 2-3.More news: Owning a dog reduces your risk of dying early, study finds
Santos missed four field goals during the Titans' 14-7 loss to the Buffalo Bills, and that apparently was more than enough cause to make a move as Tennessee announced his release roughly 24 hours after Sunday's game.More news: Penn State player tweets 'racist' letter sent to teammate about 'disgusting' dreadlocks
As expected, Chicago released him during the offseason and began their search for a new kicker.
"It was a very painful, extremely disappointing day", Santos, 27, said per the team's official website.More news: International Monetary Fund chief says effects of global slowdown 'more pronounced in India'
Kicker Ryan Succop, placed on Injured Reserve at the start of the season, isn't eligible to join the 53-man roster again until after Week 8. The second-year veteran from San Jose State played in the season's first four games but was inactive Sunday. A new home for Parkey, who worked out for them in early September. Williams spent the past two seasons with the Edmonton Eskimos and led the CFL with 1,579 yards receiving previous year.
- Winning €190m EuroMillions ticket sold in UK
- JT Of The City Girls Released From Prison. Twitter Welcomes Her Home
- Marcus Morris Earns Much-Deserved Ejection In Knicks Preseason Debut
- VPD defends handling of day-long climate change protest on Burrard bridge
- Twitter used 2FA phone numbers for ad targeting
- Johnson accuses European Union of making it impossible to leave with a deal
- I am where I want to be, says Dani Ceballos
- Elle Fanning went paintballing with Angelina Jolie
- Arrested, 2 Other Suspects Identified in Shooting Death of Joshua Brown
- European Union brands Brexit deal 'essentially impossible'