Marcus Morris' tenure with the New York Knicks got off to a freakish start on Monday night during the team's first preseason game against the Washington Wizards. Morris then struck Anderson with the ball. It wasn't for a normal scuffle or exchanging of words, however.More news: Spotify finally works with Siri
Now, in his first game in a Knicks jersey, Morris was ejected. He could be facing a suspension from the league to start the season.
"Am I concerned [about a suspension]?" The new Knick said he would not have done what he did if it was a regular season game.More news: Apple plans to bundle Music and TV+
"He's just fearless. The thing I was most proud of is how he competed defensively", Coach Fizdale said. "My team needs me, I've got to be smarter and set a better example".
After the game, a 104-99 NY win, Morris said there were "some things said" by Anderson that led to the exchange and noted that he "overreacted a little bit".More news: European Union brands Brexit deal 'essentially impossible'
The two teams will meet again on Friday in NY for another preseason game.
- Titans waive kicker Cairo Santos after 4 missed field goals
- I am where I want to be, says Dani Ceballos
- Boeing sells first 737 Max since global groundings
- Mumbai becomes first-ever Indian city to have a floating basketball court
- Arrested, 2 Other Suspects Identified in Shooting Death of Joshua Brown
- Elle Fanning went paintballing with Angelina Jolie
- United Nations 'could run out of money by end of month'
- Groundbreaking new platform launched to support mental health
- JT Of The City Girls Released From Prison. Twitter Welcomes Her Home
- Two meteor showers to watch for this week