"Ballerina" the female spinoff of the Hollywood blockbuster "John Wick" starring Keanu Reeves, is in the works with Len Wiseman on board as director. Details regarding the plot are yet to be announced but the spinoff will be titled Ballerina.
It will reportedly centre on a female assassin who is seeking bloody revenge against those who killed her family, and will be set in the John Wick "universe".More news: Ellen DeGeneres defends friendship with George W. Bush
Well, we've not heard much on Ballerina in the time since, but some folks did notice that this year's John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum featured a number of ballerinas, in a sequence that was clearly laying the groundwork for whatever Lionsgate and company had planned for the project. The female character was glimpsed in the last John Wick film and it isn't clear at this point whether Reeves will be in the film, though if he does it will be a cameo.
Stuntman-turned-director Stahelski helmed "John Wick 3", which also starred Halle Berry, Laurence Fishburne, Mark Dacascos, Asia Kate Dillon, Ian McShane and Lance Reddick.More news: Titans waive kicker Cairo Santos after 4 missed field goals
All you die-hard fans need not worry the 4th instalment of the franchise is still a top priority at the studio, so whatever happens, this will come first and is now set for a May 2021 release.
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum was described by NME's Alex Flood in a review as "a brutal, blood-soaked sequel".More news: Penn State player tweets 'racist' letter sent to teammate about 'disgusting' dreadlocks
Wiseman launched his star as a filmmaker with another female-driven action franchise, the vampire/werewolf Underworld series. He's likewise directed Live Free or Die Hard and did fantastic work on Lucifer, Sleepy Hollow and the fan favorite, yet cancelled too soon Swamp Thing. Hatten is represented by Lee Stobby Entertainment.
- Owning a dog reduces your risk of dying early, study finds
- Court delays decision on forcing PM to seek Brexit extension
- Four members of Indian family drown while trying to take selfie
- Boeing sells first 737 Max since global groundings
- International Monetary Fund chief says effects of global slowdown 'more pronounced in India'
- Robert Downey Jr reacts to Martin Scorsese’s criticism of Marvel movies
- Doom Eternal has been delayed until early 2020
- Official Said Trump's Ukraine Call Was 'Crazy'
- Teen fatally stabbed in front of his mother was bullied, family says
- VPD defends handling of day-long climate change protest on Burrard bridge