Wenger has been linked with a move back to management, but he revealed on Monday night that his previous links to Arsenal have stopped him from accepting a job in the Premier League. With respect it was good quality for a university but not for a Premier League club.
"I think a club like Arsenal is a huge responsibility and one of those responsibilities is to play attractive football".
The 24-year-old has scored once in 10 appearances in all competitions and has only completed 90 minutes in a Premier League match on four occasions. But that's well deserved for you - for what you have done for the game. But for me that would be enough.More news: Groundbreaking new platform launched to support mental health
Arsenal signed Nicolas Pepe in the summer transfer window and he's had a slow start to his career in North London as the fans have already started getting scared that he might not adapt to the demands of the Premier League. Love you as always and enjoy the night'.
He also said: "I believe that for having been completely committed, completely loyal and worked with integrity and worked in this club [Arsenal] like it was my own club from the first to the last minute".
The Frenchman added: 'Hello everyone, I am sorry I can't be with you tonight to celebrate the great achievement of Arsene.More news: 800,000 Californians may have power cut to help prevent wildfires
"It's a fantastic charity and I'm really proud of you for taking part in it".
'I never had the chance to say thank you to the boss for his belief, his patience and good advice he gave me to my career.
"At the moment you can't look too much at the position because the points difference is very small", he said.More news: Win Nobel Prize in Physics for Work to Understand Cosmos
Others who paid brilliant tributes to the legendary French manager included Arsenal greats Tony Adams and Ian Wright, as well as Cesc Fabregas.
- Hong Kong leader says economy taking a hit from protests
- New York Jets QB Sam Darnold officially cleared for Week 6, Cowboys
- California may see 3rd blackout amid fire fears
- Shami, Jadeja heroics see India up for 1-0 against South Africa
- Alec Baldwin says he was scammed by tour company
- Astronauts have Replaced Old Batteries in Series of Spacewalks
- Bank robbery suspicious arrested day before wedding after fiancee calls police
- Gold rises ahead of US-China trade negotiations
- Farming industry dismayed at updated no-deal tariffs
- United States adds Chinese AI and facial recognition companies to entity list'