Essential, led by Android co-founder Andy Rubin, on Wednesday showcased prototypes of what could be the next design standard for phones. The smartphone got in the news primarily for its tiny notch design, which was new for the time.
Essential had filed for a patent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to trademark the "GEM" name, and so, we believe that the new phone from the company will be called as the Essential GEM.More news: Marcus Morris Earns Much-Deserved Ejection In Knicks Preseason Debut
As one can see in the pictures, the phone has a bump on the back which appears to be the camera.
We've seen phones of many shapes and sizes over the years, but it looks like Essential's next device could go in yet another direction.
Essential didn't provide any details or specifications on this Project GEM device, but posted two images on Twitter. With the successor, it seems Essential has turned to the newer pinhole-style of cutout. Rather than the tweets of Rubin and essential official account, no further information is given about Essential's next phone. We also see a volume rocker and power button on the right side, while the rear shows what looks like a fingerprint sensor and a large, single camera.More news: Titans waive kicker Cairo Santos after 4 missed field goals
Essential has revealed earlier that it is working on an AI-powered phone that will have a small screen and will be controlled primarily using voice commands.
While the Essential CEO didn't say when it might be released or mentioned any features, he did write "New UI for radically different formfactor" in his tweet. It might also run Android with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor.More news: Al Qaeda leader for the Indian subcontinent killed in South of Afghanistan
- International Monetary Fund chief says effects of global slowdown 'more pronounced in India'
- Windows update lets you answer Android calls on a PC
- I am where I want to be, says Dani Ceballos
- Elle Fanning went paintballing with Angelina Jolie
- Arsene Wenger: I’ve turned down Premier League offers
- JT Of The City Girls Released From Prison. Twitter Welcomes Her Home
- You Can Now Move Streams Between Google Cast Devices With Your Voice
- Penn State player tweets 'racist' letter sent to teammate about 'disgusting' dreadlocks
- Owning a dog reduces your risk of dying early, study finds
- 3 win Nobel Prize in Physics for discoveries in cosmology