Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, the president said "They think I'm going to win". "If it's after the election, it'll be the toughest deal anybody's ever had to make from the standpoint of China, and they know that".
"They think I'm going to win".
He said he has told China that if the deal comes after the November 3, 2020 election, it would be on terms "far worse" for Beijing than it could achieve right now. Would they like to see somebody else win?
The overnight comments from the US President Trump had little impact on the markets, as the sentiment was mainly driven by the Mid-East developments and oil price-action.More news: Greenwood takes centre stage as Solskjaer turns to Man Utd kids
He added that the administration's focus on China's unfair trade practices, such as massive trade deficits, intellectual property theft, and forced technology transfer, mean that "the decades of China ignoring the rules of worldwide commerce are over".
"China would love to have Sleepy Joe and Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren", he said.
He criticized previous presidents for permitting China to loot American industry as companies started outsourcing jobs and factories in a global nation.More news: Hong Kong's Lam Sees No Benefit in Conceding to Protest Demands
The U.S. and China go back to the bargaining table on Thursday to talk trade.
"What we need is to correct the big imbalances, not just the current trade deficit", Ross said.
The discussions are aimed at paving the way for expected high-level negotiations in early October aimed at finding a way out of a bitter 14-month trade war between the world's two largest economies.
In retaliation, China announced plans to impose new tariffs of 25 per cent worth Dollars 50 billion on 106 American products including items like soybeans which could hurt American farmers.More news: Huawei to publicly test its sanction-hit phones
Jon Lieber, a principal in PwC's national tax services practice, said a "very narrow agreement" in October would do little to solve fundamental differences between the two countries.
- Minnesota Vikings Defense Borderline Start In Week 2
- Model 3 scores top safety rating at IIHS
- #RWC19 Reliving moments of the Rugby World Cup
- Trump revokes waiver for California to set lower auto emissions standards
- Tammy Abraham Ranked Among The Top 10 Premier League Players So Far
- Antonio Brown Appears To Address Sexual Assault Allegations In Instagram Live Video
- KFC tests chicken and donuts sandwich
- Zimbabwe welcomes SA President Ramaphosa's apology following xenophobic attacks
- London Stock Exchange rejection 'shows Hong Kong can't make it alone'
- Texas congressman pulls endorsement from Castro to support Biden