As hungry customers around the country continue to lament the shortage of Popeye's new chicken sandwiches, the company suggested a life hack to help those who can't wait.
Consequently, Popeye's sandwich was so popular that they sold out of their inventory, which was supposed to last until the end of September, within two weeks.More news: Canadian-Romanian tennis player Bianca Andreescu wins US Open 2019
People have been furious over the chicken sandwich selling out, by the way. And you bring your own bun ...
The restaurant chain shared that customers could order a three-piece chicken meal and create their own Popeyes sandwich if they bring their own bun.More news: Stocks Gain on Global Trade Optimism, ECB Stimulus: Markets Wrap
"While we work to get the sandwich back in our restaurants, we wanted to offer our guests a fun way to satisfy their Popeyes sandwich cravings", Bruno Cardinali, Popeyes' head of marketing for North America told CNN. It's basically The Sandwich! "We, along with our suppliers, are working tirelessly to bring the new sandwich back to guests as soon as possible".
The imitation sandwich will not include pickles or mayo. Per the ad, you can bring any type of bread cradle you want from hamburger rolls to hot-dog buns, but it better be sturdy, lest the filling topple out as one eater "discovers" in the commercial.More news: Over 300 Nigerians evacuated from South Africa by local airline
Besides being loved for being delicious, the sandwiches caused a hilarious feud on Twitter between the restaurant and Wendy's, Chick-fil-A and other fast-food chains. "Really it's just three tenders..." they wrote in a tweet on their official account on Thursday morning.
- Meghan's Smart Set fashion collection goes on sale
- What Time is ABC’s Democratic Debate?
- Multiple victims stabbed at Tallahassee industrial park
- Apple, Foxconn infringe China Labor Law at iPhone plant in Zhengzhou
- Supreme Court allows Trump plan to curb migrants
- Policy options for Saudi Arabia's new energy minister
- Oil ETFs Boost News of Iraqi Production Cuts
- IPhone 11 Pro’s Camera Is ‘Upsetting’ Those Who Fear ‘Holes’
- Top U.S. Senate Republican says waiting for White House gun proposal
- Marc Thiessen: Trump's Taliban Invite Insults 9/11 Victims