Former Karnataka chief minister HD Kumaraswamy Thursday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi brought "bad luck" to ISRO when he came to Bengaluru to witness the landing of Chandrayaan-2 leading to the space agency losing contact with the lander "Vikram".
In an internal meeting, ISRO Chairman K. Sivan is said to have advised teams working on the lander to move on to their next projects.More news: Daniel Johnston, indie singer-songwriter, dies at 58
While the contact with Vikram lander is misplaced, the orbiter can smooth desire photos of the moon and ship it to the ISRO over the next one year.
ISRO succeeded in extending the Chandrayaan-2 orbiter's life by saving on fuel during its journey. It has maintained that data received is being analysed.
"#VikramLander has been located by the orbiter of #Chandrayaan2, but no communication with it yet..." When the semi-autonomous lander uses artificial intelligence to land on its own, after matching the landing spot with pre-loaded images of the region, "it'll be a mix of feeling, of happiness and tension and more anxiety", Sivan said, likening it to a "bridegroom separated from the parents' house". But all space agencies are fast running out of time as the 14 Earth-day-long lunar night would set in by 21 September - bringing to a permanent standstill all efforts to photograph and establish communication with the lander, which runs on solar power. Thereafter, the solar panels will not be able to energise and it will be too cold for lander Vikram to operate.More news: Florida man’s skeletal remains discovered after underwater vehicle spotted on Google Earth
The mission is on track even though the launch was delayed by a week.
Chandrayaan-2 was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota on July 22.
This effectively also makes it hard for any spacecraft to maintain a low orbit or a perfectly circular orbit. The spacecraft had a orbiter that is now orbiting around 100 km over the moon. As per an ISRO official, the lander is now in a tilted position.More news: Popeyes solution to the chicken sandwich shortage? Bring your own bread
- Canadian-Romanian tennis player Bianca Andreescu wins US Open 2019
- Policy options for Saudi Arabia's new energy minister
- Amnesia Collection out today on Nintendo Switch
- Three Australians detained in notorious Iranian jail
- Annual core CPI in August rose to 2.4% vs. 2.3% expected
- Marc Thiessen: Trump's Taliban Invite Insults 9/11 Victims
- Oil ETFs Boost News of Iraqi Production Cuts
- North Korea test-fires 'super large' launcher
- Arizona murder suspects caught after escaping transport from Upstate NY
- Scientists Discover New Planet With Water