Saturday Night Live is adding a trio of cast members ahead of season 45.
Fineman regularly performs with the Groundlings and was named a New Face at 2018's Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal.More news: What Time is ABC’s Democratic Debate?
The video surfaced on the same day that the venerable NBC sketch show drew praise for its casting of gay Asian American comedian Bowen Yang. Gillis was recently recognized as a New Face at the 2019 Just for Laughs Festival. Outside of Studio 8H, he co-hosts the "Las Culturistas" podcast, and has earned fans through oddball videos featuring him expertly lip-syncing dialogue from movies and viral videos. The writer/performer popped up on Saturday Night Live previous year as Kim-Jong un in a sketch with host Sandra Oh.
Saturday Night Live will be returning to NBC later this month when Woody Harrelson hosts with musical guest Billie Eilish on September 28. However, it seems like she may be the only cast member leaving at this time. Her television credits include "Jane the Virgin" and "Search Party". Other hosts already announced for this season include returning host Kristen Stewart and Lorne Michaels's supposed "white whale" Eddie Murphy.More news: Ashes 2019: England v Australia, fifth Test day one
Ottawa-born actress Sandra Oh took on hosting duties in the past season of Saturday Night Live, and remains one of the few with Asian heritage to take the popular stage.More news: Amnesia Collection out today on Nintendo Switch
- Arizona murder suspects caught after escaping transport from Upstate NY
- Boris Johnson ‘considering building bridge from Scotland to Northern Ireland’
- Policy options for Saudi Arabia's new energy minister
- Annual core CPI in August rose to 2.4% vs. 2.3% expected
- Meghan's Smart Set fashion collection goes on sale
- Top U.S. Senate Republican says waiting for White House gun proposal
- Antonio Brown Practices With Patriots for First Time
- Popeyes solution to the chicken sandwich shortage? Bring your own bread
- Tesla claims record at Laguna Seca in modified Model S
- North Korea test-fires 'super large' launcher