Earlier this month, it was reported that Hart had to be taken to a hospital after suffering from "major back injuries" in a auto crash around 1 AM in the Malibu Hills.
The entertainment news outlet said Thursday that the actor and stand-up comedian was transferred to a live-in rehab facility where he will undergo rigorous physical therapy to recover from his surgery and the three spinal fractures he suffered. Eniko Hart shared an update on her husband's recovery, telling paparazzi he's doing "amazing" after being released from the hospital Wednesday. He will then start outpatient care at home.
Hart, 40, was severely injured in the early morning smash-up on September 1 in Malibu Hills.More news: Three Australians detained in notorious Iranian jail
As E! News previously reported, Hart was in the passenger seat of his vintage muscle vehicle when the driver, friend Jared Black, veered off Mulholland Highway in Malibu, Calif. and landed in a ditch. TMZ reported over the weekend that Hart was already walking, just one week after back surgery. Sources said the Jumanji: The Next Level star is not suffering any paralysis, nerve damage or numbness. In accordance to his wife Eniko Parrish, he is envisioned to make a entire recovery.
His friend, Jared Black was driving the Barracuda when the accident happened.
"Everything is good, I spoke with Kevin, I actually refer to him as my son". He is one of my best friends.More news: New 'SNL' cast member Shane Gillis used racial slur on podcast
Hart has yet to speak out or issue a statement about the accident. "And honestly, I mean, thank God, it could've been a lot worse", Johnson added.
In audio obtained by the TODAY show days after the accident, an unnamed woman told a 911 operator, "I need someone to come get him". And he knows it too'.More news: Antonio Brown Practices With Patriots for First Time
- Boris Johnson ‘considering building bridge from Scotland to Northern Ireland’
- Multiple victims stabbed at Tallahassee industrial park
- Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana's earrings and bracelet to capsule collection launch
- Trump EPA repeals Obama-era water protections to boost industry
- Annual core CPI in August rose to 2.4% vs. 2.3% expected
- Rory McIlroy was stunned by his PGA Player of the Year win
- Popeyes solution to the chicken sandwich shortage? Bring your own bread
- Stocks Gain on Global Trade Optimism, ECB Stimulus: Markets Wrap
- Democratic candidates bash Trump's tariffs, but agree China is a problem
- Florida man’s skeletal remains discovered after underwater vehicle spotted on Google Earth