Set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones, the potential series would be based on George R.R. Martin's novel Fire & Blood and chronicle the gradual downfall of the white-haired dragon overlords.
Fire & Blood begins with Aegon the Conqueror, whose death triggered the events of the first Game of Thrones season, and focuses on the timeline all the way up to the civil war that almost destroyed the Targaryen family. Now, Deadline reports that another prequel series could be greenlit by HBO and this one will focus on the Targaryen heritage.More news: Champion Kim Clijsters' shock return a very welcome one
Another Game of Thrones prequel is gearing up at HBO!
The Targaryen Thrones prequel was one of the "two other shows" that were in the scripting phase as of May, when Martin talked about it on his blog.
Fire & Blood, released in 2018, is a book by Martin that specifically explores the Targaryen lineage, including Aegon the Conqueror's creation of the Iron Throne, as well as the Dance of Dragons, a massive civil war, which is speculated to be a part of the new prequel. Of course, it wasn't as obvious then because Martin had brought up Fire & Blood earlier in the same blog post in the context of the book's sales. "I can not say", he wrote on his blog.More news: Tesla claims record at Laguna Seca in modified Model S
Writer Ryan Condal of "Colony" fame will pen the script in collaboration with Mr. Martin. So far, the pilot for the Naomi Watts starrer has been shot and it is yet to be seen if and when the project will get its series order.
The as-yet untitled project, now in post-production, will also feature Josh Whitehouse, Miranda Richardson, Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, and Jamie Campbell Bower.More news: Three Australians detained in notorious Iranian jail
- IPhone 11 Pro’s Camera Is ‘Upsetting’ Those Who Fear ‘Holes’
- Top U.S. Senate Republican says waiting for White House gun proposal
- Stocks Gain on Global Trade Optimism, ECB Stimulus: Markets Wrap
- These dudes already have the Pixel 4
- Oil ETFs Boost News of Iraqi Production Cuts
- Meghan's Smart Set fashion collection goes on sale
- Florida man’s skeletal remains discovered after underwater vehicle spotted on Google Earth
- Annual core CPI in August rose to 2.4% vs. 2.3% expected
- Marc Thiessen: Trump's Taliban Invite Insults 9/11 Victims
- Multiple victims stabbed at Tallahassee industrial park