Set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones, the potential series would be based on George R.R. Martin's novel Fire & Blood and chronicle the gradual downfall of the white-haired dragon overlords.
Fire and Blood Targaryen Prequel Series in the Works at HBO
Fire & Blood begins with Aegon the Conqueror, whose death triggered the events of the first Game of Thrones season, and focuses on the timeline all the way up to the civil war that almost destroyed the Targaryen family. Now, Deadline reports that another prequel series could be greenlit by HBO and this one will focus on the Targaryen heritage.
Another Game of Thrones prequel is gearing up at HBO!More news: Jets sign kicker Sam Ficken to replace ineffective Kaare Vedvik
The Targaryen Thrones prequel was one of the "two other shows" that were in the scripting phase as of May, when Martin talked about it on his blog.
Fire & Blood, released in 2018, is a book by Martin that specifically explores the Targaryen lineage, including Aegon the Conqueror's creation of the Iron Throne, as well as the Dance of Dragons, a massive civil war, which is speculated to be a part of the new prequel. Of course, it wasn't as obvious then because Martin had brought up Fire & Blood earlier in the same blog post in the context of the book's sales. "I can not say", he wrote on his blog.More news: Amnesia Collection out today on Nintendo Switch
Writer Ryan Condal of "Colony" fame will pen the script in collaboration with Mr. Martin. So far, the pilot for the Naomi Watts starrer has been shot and it is yet to be seen if and when the project will get its series order.
The as-yet untitled project, now in post-production, will also feature Josh Whitehouse, Miranda Richardson, Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, and Jamie Campbell Bower.More news: Multiple victims stabbed at Tallahassee industrial park
- Antonio Brown Practices With Patriots for First Time
- Popeyes solution to the chicken sandwich shortage? Bring your own bread
- Annual core CPI in August rose to 2.4% vs. 2.3% expected
- Boris Johnson ‘considering building bridge from Scotland to Northern Ireland’
- PM Modi Brought "Bad Luck": HD Kumaraswamy's Take On Moon Mission
- Champion Kim Clijsters' shock return a very welcome one
- New 'SNL' cast member Shane Gillis used racial slur on podcast
- Supreme Court allows Trump plan to curb migrants
- Canada: Justin Trudeau kicks off tough election campaign
- European Central Bank cuts interest rates to record low; ASX to rise