Britney Taylor filed a lawsuit in the Southern District of Florida on November 10 alleging that Brown harassed her, sexually assaulted her twice, and raped her once, according to Larry Brown Sports.
Brown quickly denied the allegations and said that his relations with the trainer were consensual.
Belichick was asked specifically about the possibility of Brown being placed on the commissioner's exempt list by Roger Goodell.More news: Annual core CPI in August rose to 2.4% vs. 2.3% expected
Taylor, who met Brown when both were students at Central Michigan University, included in her suit vulgar messages that Brown allegedly sent to her, referring to the instances of assault, The Times reports.
The lawsuit against Brown states that what happened inside the Pittsburgh area home made Taylor "extremely uncomfortable", and that she had "no interest in a sexual relationship with Brown". We're taking it very seriously all the way through the organization.
"New England found out about it (Tuesday night)".
ESPN legal analyst Ryan Smith breaks down the legal process for a case like the sexual assault lawsuit that has been filed against Antonio Brown. Darren Heitner, a lawyer representing Brown, told The Associated Press his client plans to countersue.More news: North Korea test-fires 'super large' launcher
With Brown at practice, that means there's definitely a chance that he could be making his Patriots debut on Sunday against the Dolphins. "We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place".
On Wednesday morning, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick declined to answer questions about New England's knowledge of the accusations prior to signing him on Monday. He said his department has no record of the incident, and there were never any reports of sexual assault at Brown's house in Pine.
The lawsuit caught the Patriots by surprise, sources told Schefter, and the team will have to decide how to proceed with Brown.More news: What Time is ABC’s Democratic Debate?
He agreed to a deal with the defending Super Bowl champions hours after the Raiders granted his request and let him go.
- Robert Mugabe remains our icon, says Mnangagwa at Blue Roof
- Trump ready to meet Rouhani without pre-conditions: Mnuchin
- Canadian-Romanian tennis player Bianca Andreescu wins US Open 2019
- Champion Kim Clijsters' shock return a very welcome one
- Policy options for Saudi Arabia's new energy minister
- Florida man’s skeletal remains discovered after underwater vehicle spotted on Google Earth
- Oil ETFs Boost News of Iraqi Production Cuts
- Tariffs Cost $6.8 Billion in July, Say Equipment Manufacturers
- Ashes 2019: England v Australia, fifth Test day one
- Top U.S. Senate Republican says waiting for White House gun proposal