Unlike Labo's companion software, however, Ring Fit Adventure doesn't feel like a mere tech demo for Nintendo's newest fitness device.
Amnesia Collection out today on Nintendo Switch
The game takes players an "expansive world" with enemies to battle through real-world physical exercise.
So instead of casting a Fire spell or swinging a sword, Ring Fit adventurers inflict damage by flexing the Fit-Con, performing squats, or executing a ideal warrior pose.More news: Meghan's Smart Set fashion collection goes on sale
The Ring-Con is pressure-sensitive, tracking upper-body movements. Make it past the two-minute mark in the video below, and you'll see that this is actually an RPG disguised as a fitness game. One Joy-Con attaches to the ring while the other goes on a player's leg with the included leg strap. This will let them continue every day at an activity level that's comfortable for them. On your turn, you pick from a variety of Fit Skills to determine what kind of attacks you use.
The game looks like a classic fantasy adventure where players control a hero that has to fight through enemies to save the land from a bodybuilder dragon.More news: Scientists Discover New Planet With Water
The Ring-Con accessory is the key component of this experience.
A bundle that includes Ring Fit Adventure, a Ring-Con and a Leg Strap will be available beginning October 18 for $80.More news: Trump ready to meet Rouhani without pre-conditions: Mnuchin
Two peripherals were revealed today: Ring-Con and Leg Strap. We've got screenshots and lifestyle photos (a first) in the gallery below.
- Tariffs Cost $6.8 Billion in July, Say Equipment Manufacturers
- Oil ETFs Boost News of Iraqi Production Cuts
- Supreme Court allows Trump plan to curb migrants
- What Time is ABC’s Democratic Debate?
- These dudes already have the Pixel 4
- Canadian-Romanian tennis player Bianca Andreescu wins US Open 2019
- Multiple victims stabbed at Tallahassee industrial park
- Top U.S. Senate Republican says waiting for White House gun proposal
- Marc Thiessen: Trump's Taliban Invite Insults 9/11 Victims
- Arizona murder suspects caught after escaping transport from Upstate NY