Former player Albert Celades, coach of Spain's Under-21 squad until a year ago, is expected to replace Marcelino. The same sources claim Albert Celades, the former coach of Spain's U21 side, will arrive today and his appointment could be made official in the next few hours.
"The club would like to thank him for his work and dedication during his time with our club and wish him the greatest success for the future". "The new coach will direct his first training session this afternoon".More news: Teen stole parents' money to fund alleged plot to kill them
The departure had been mooted in what turned out to be a tumultuous pre-season for the club, with local media reporting the coach was not happy with owner Peter Lim over transfer policy.
Valencia have taken four points from three games this term but it was reported in Spain that Lim called club president Anil Murthy for an emergency meeting in Singapore on Wednesday after deciding to sack Marcelino.More news: Massive Illinois train derailment sparks chemical fire, numerous evacuations
Marcelino helped Valencia to finish fourth in last season's Spanish league.More news: Zimbabwe's Mugabe to Lie in State at Two Different Stadiums
- Game on: federal election gets underway
- England change 2 for final Ashes Test
- Stars rock lingerie at Rihanna's Savage X Fenty fashion show
- Google officially announces its Apple Arcade-rival Play Pass is 'coming soon'
- Team USA loses to France, exits FIBA World Cup without a medal
- Sixth death possibly linked to vaping
- Samsung Will Offer Discounted Galaxy Fold Repairs to Alleviate Screen Worries
- Borderlands 3: here’s how to get the first three Golden Keys
- Philippines confirms first swine fever cases
- Conor McGregor hints at possible return for rematch vs. Dustin Poirier